Windows 10: Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB...

Discus and support Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; 4GB fits nice on a DVD *Biggrin I found a nice Kingston 8GB USB/Ram Stick on Amazon for 5.38US. I'm placing an order on Friday so I thought, why not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB...

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2014
  2. Stephanie Win User
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    About the same price.. I think it's a great deal.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2014
  4. Pendaws Win User

If this is over 4gb, won't that make it impossible to load on a USB for UEFI install? fat32 has a 4GB limit?
    I made a Win 7 Ultimate install with ALL the updates up to and including most of September's and a few drivers added in but I could NOT format it to use for UEFI install, the warning in Rufus says that can't format in fat32 over 4GB.

Pendaws, Sep 29, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Good point.. I'll stick with the DVD's.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2014
  6. Some will see the word "free" and not think about the consequences. Or think it will be easy to go back to 8.x when they chose. The list goes on, as they say. The device you chose to install it on may also limit your options. Adding another drive is a good suggestion, but may not be doable on a tablet or laptop. You can make a long list of reasons why somebody shouldn't do something and they will still do it. *Wink

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Technical Preview weighs in around 4GB... - Similar Threads - Technical Preview weighs

2. The Windows 10 technical preview setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 technical preview setup: Hello, Please be sure to give me the Windows 10 technical preview setup download link. Please tell me what I need to do to get this link, do I have to sign up? I mention that I have Microsoft account. Wait for response! Thank you! A good day!...
  3. Downloading Technical preview ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Technical preview ISO: Don't I have to convert this file before putting it on the HD? 3159
  4. win 10 technical preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 technical preview: Hi all downloaded latest win 10 (10162) TP yesterday but can only install on any instance of windows im using that time of installation be it 7 or 8 ..... or on a Virtual Box, but not a drive of my choice ?, will this be the same for the final release of win 10 or will u be...
  5. Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Technical Preview Installation Problem: I am trying to install Windows 10 Tech Preview : WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso 3.81 GB (4,100,497,408 bytes), have checked sha1 also. But I am not able to install even after repeated attempts. Below is the system info and my Bios options available in my laptop....
  6. Office Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Office Technical Preview: Microsoft has a private Office 2016 beat group who have access to the next version of Office, and if you feel bummed that you were not included in the group, there is now a way to download the bits. If you head to the source link below, you can now sign up for the Office...
  7. Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview: Post your strange experiences with Windows Technical Preview so we can hash over them a while! *Smile I'll start: For example, if you may be running WTP in a dual boot scenario and perform a 'Refresh' with media from PC Settings, it might seem like the process saves some...
  8. A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview: New build 9841 In less than two weeks, Microsoft will begin revealing information about the Windows Technical Preview, the first pre-release look at the next version of Windows. The actual Preview won't be out until October, I'm told. But there's no reason to wait:...
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger: Hello all, I guess this time Microsoft will have to face many problems.... I don't know why people say "There is a keylogger in Windows 10 Technical Preview". They say Microsoft collects their personal Data because they heard this from others. I may agree but it was...
  10. Windows Server Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview: At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server Technical Preview provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities spanning server...