Windows 10: Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy

Discus and support Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series which came with Windows 10. However, the screen broke and I couldn't see anything. Everything else still worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StephanieHadwin, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy

I had a Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series which came with Windows 10. However, the screen broke and I couldn't see anything. Everything else still worked great on the computer.

I bought another Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series on line that was just a shell, without the hard drive. I took the hard drive out of my old computer and put it in this one. Everyting works but I always get the message "Non-Genuiine copy of Windows. Go to the Store to buy a genuine copy of Windows or enter a product key."

I haven't been able to get Windows updates, and now some programs don't work properly. I don't know the product key, but I do know my Product ID #.

What can I do to fix this? I'm grateful for any help.

:)

StephanieHadwin, Jul 23, 2020
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy

I had a Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series which came with Windows 10. However, the screen broke and I couldn't see anything. Everything else still worked great on the computer.

I bought another Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series on line that was just a shell, without the hard drive. I took the hard drive out of my old computer and put it in this one. Everyting works but I always get the message "Non-Genuiine copy of Windows. Go to
    the Store to buy a genuine copy of Windows or enter a product key."

I haven't been able to get Windows updates, and now some programs don't work properly. I don't know the product key, but I do know my Product ID #.

What can I do to fix this? I'm grateful for any help.

StephanieHadwin, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy

Windows 7 Genuine...

That's what I was thinking too? If I bought a Win7 and I activate my key how would it become a non-genuine key in a couple months?*Wtf :wtf:

...and I thought pirated OS's could receive updates, so how will they get this new update to check if it's genuine*Confused Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy :confused: I know my copy is legit, but what if for some strange chance MS screwes up and falsely accuses me as non-genuine? I don't know if that's possible or not.

t77snapshot, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy

1. Windows tells me I have a Non-Genuine Copy - Similar Threads - tells Non Genuine

2. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  3. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  4. I think i have a non genuine version of windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I think i have a non genuine version of windows: how do i change to real windows? and also is windows free? i have had the "activate windows" watermark lookin think in the bottom right of my screen as long as ive had this pc and i think its time to get real windows....
  5. I think i have a non genuine version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i have a non genuine version of windows: how do i change to real windows? and also is windows free? i have had the "activate windows" watermark lookin think in the bottom right of my screen as long as ive had this pc and i think its time to get real windows....
  6. I think i have a non genuine version of windows

7. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  8. Non-Genuine Windows

Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  9. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...