Windows 10: Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not

Discus and support Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows has lately taken to displaying my internet status as offline, despite having a fine connection. It displays the no internet icon on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Flika1999, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Flika1999 Win User

Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not

Windows has lately taken to displaying my internet status as offline, despite having a fine connection. It displays the no internet icon on the taskbar, but I can still browse the web and do other internet-reliant tasks fine. The issue is that Microsoft apps in particular don't want to work, they all display no internet as well. When I start up my computer everything works fine and the taskbar displays that I have internet like usual, but after booting up a Microsoft app like the Xbox app I have game pass, the task bar icon changes to the no internet icon and nothing Microsoft related works.

I have checked my antivirus logs, and it isn't blocking anything. I have also run the network troubleshooter, which just resets the adapter. This fixes the issue temporarily, but it returns on reboot. What could be the issue here?

Here is a video showcasing the issue if that helps: https://youtu.be/DoQSpDr-b24

:)

Flika1999, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not

1. Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not - Similar Threads - tells I'm offline

2. I'm trying to get in to windows and it's telling me the password is incorrect. Try again....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to get in to windows and it's telling me the password is incorrect. Try again....: I turned my laptop two days ago. I haven't used for a few months. After I used it it stated before it had updates which I choose update and turn off. The following day it had a message that my PC did not start correctly. I reset the computer but it keeps giving me the message...
  3. I'm trying to get in to windows and it's telling me the password is incorrect. Try again....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to get in to windows and it's telling me the password is incorrect. Try again....: I turned my laptop two days ago. I haven't used for a few months. After I used it it stated before it had updates which I choose update and turn off. The following day it had a message that my PC did not start correctly. I reset the computer but it keeps giving me the message...
  4. I'm trying to get in to windows and it's telling me the password is incorrect. Try again....

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 says I'm offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says I'm offline: I am using an Ethernet cable connected directly from my router.Recently I tried using some VPN softwares, after that Windows 10 just kept saying I am offline even though I can browse the internet just fine and using some applications like Discord. However this hinders some of...
  6. Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then...: I was just working on my laptop when it starting sounding like a jet engine. "Oh here we go again," I thought, "Better kill those runaway Chromium processes again." So I opened Task Manager and it says I'm low on memory and I should close some processes. That's great. It's...
  7. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/criticalbandana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ajw4/can_someone_tell_me_what_im_doing_wrong/
  8. Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline: I'm trying to figure out why this last Windows update introduced latency when playing Rocksmith 2014 through my Sony HT-CT390 sound bar via an analog connection. All other settings between the game and the sound bar remained the same, so I decided to focus on the mess that is...
  9. Windows 10 thinks I'm offline

Windows 10 thinks I'm offline: For several weeks now some component of Windows has been under the mistaken impression that the PC is offline. The symptoms are: Microsoft Edge consistently reports "Hmmm... cannot reach this page". Windows Update won't work. Gives this error message: "There were some...
  10. My firewall is telling me I'm connected to a public nework

My firewall is telling me I'm connected to a public nework: Hi, I was recently just looking around on the Control Panel I then came across the Windows Defender Firewall and it shows that I'm connected to a "Guest or public networks" It states below the drop down menu that "Networks in public places such as airports or cafes" But my...