Windows 10: Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it...

Discus and support Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; You know, just in case it isn't some sort of a virus that might have infested my comp... submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BronzeHeart92, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it...

You know, just in case it isn't some sort of a virus that might have infested my comp...

submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BronzeHeart92, Mar 23, 2020

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it...

How to change the login password for the account?

Hi Gregor,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are logging into the computer with Microsoft account.

If you are using the Microsoft account to log in, I would like to inform you that it is not possible to sign into Windows without the password.

If you would like to change the password for the Microsoft Account, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

If you would like to change the password for the local account, please follow the below steps:

• Press "Windows" and now the Start Menu will appear, click on your account on the top, and then select
      "Change account settings".

• You may also select
      "Settings"
      on the Start Menu, click "Accounts" to open the Accounts settings.

• Choose "Sign-in options" on the left panel, and then click on
      "Change" button below Password on the right panel.

• Now Enter your current password and click on
      "Next" to continue.

• Enter and reenter your new password, and enter the password hint, and then click on
      "Next" to modify your user local account password.
    However, you may create a local account/user account and use that account to sign in, so that it will not ask you for the password when signing in.

Once you have created a local account, Please follow the below steps, if you would like sign in to a user account without password.

• Press Windows +
      R.
    • Type netplwiz.exe
    • Uncheck this box “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and press apply.
    • Automatically sign in password box prompts. Write your Password twice and press OK.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it...

1. Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it... - Similar Threads - tells there's problem

2. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep telling me the password is wrong: In the Command prompt it to access the windows advance settings, it keep asking me for my Microsoft account password and everytime i entering it shows " The password is incorrect ". Even tho i just used the same password to login here. And i tried changing the password but...
  3. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep telling me the password is wrong: In the Command prompt it to access the windows advance settings, it keep asking me for my Microsoft account password and everytime i entering it shows " The password is incorrect ". Even tho i just used the same password to login here. And i tried changing the password but...
  4. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change windows account password to RDP/smb password to something that is not the my windows...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change windows account password to RDP/smb password to something that is not the my windows...: It looks like the password I need to use login to RDP is the same password I use to log into microsoft.com. I suspect this is because my windows 10 account is paired with my microsoft account.I would like to have a simpler password for logging into my windows computer over...
  6. Change windows account password to RDP/smb password to something that is not the my windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change windows account password to RDP/smb password to something that is not the my windows...: It looks like the password I need to use login to RDP is the same password I use to log into microsoft.com. I suspect this is because my windows 10 account is paired with my microsoft account.I would like to have a simpler password for logging into my windows computer over...
  7. Change windows account password to RDP/smb password to something that is not the my windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account: Every couple of days for the last few months Windows 10 Defender has been telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I open the defender window and click on account protection it asks me to enter my computer PIN, and after I do the "problem" goes away....
  9. My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...: {;ease see the subject which is here: My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I have to continually change the password. Why is this occurring? It appears that I am doing soemthing wrong. Please help!...
  10. My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows account is not an administrator, but when I type in the password it tells me...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yea_okay_dude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fode26/my_windows_account_is_not_an_administrator_but/