Windows 10: Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?

Discus and support Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell xps 15 9550. I had this laptop for many years. Windows ten pro. I turned on my laptop and it said it was scanning and fixing my c drive. Now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulyjustin, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?

Dell xps 15 9550. I had this laptop for many years. Windows ten pro. I turned on my laptop and it said it was scanning and fixing my c drive. Now it went to one hundred percent complete and has been like this for quite a while now.

The thing was few weeks ago, i had the battery swelling on my keyboard and i was told this could cause damage to my laptop. I was going to fix this issue soon as go to repair shop and have them remove the battery so i could use it plugged. But today, when i turned on laptop... i see this message. Now i also been having a ton of windows updates recently.

Now what do i do? I think this has to do with the battery swelling not being taken of for a few weeks causing this? I can't even get to my main screen. Is my hard drive corrupted? What about my laptop? What do i do? Please someone help me.

:)

paulyjustin, Sep 10, 2020

2. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Scanning and repairing drive (CWindows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen? :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CWindows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen? :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?

1. Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen? - Similar Threads - Ten Laptop Scanning

2. Scanning and repairing drive loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning and repairing drive loop: My PC crashed out of no where last night, I was very tired so I left it on to do whatever it needed to do. When I woke up, it was stuck on a “Reboot from boot drive or insert boot media” message, but I needed to go to work so rather sillily I turned it off and went.Now when I...
  3. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  4. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  5. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Scanning and repairing drive

Scanning and repairing drive: Every time I try to boot my windows 10 pc, a message on the windows 10 boot menu says - " scanning and repairing drive C". This scanning and repairing lasts for 2-3 seconds and then my pc boots normally. This happens every time I try to start my pc.My specs are - Device name...
  7. scanning and repairing drive c

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scanning and repairing drive c: For a week my laptop kept asking for permission for "scanning and repairing drive c". Last night I let it finish doing that. This morning, no MS applications work. MS applications return a dialog box with some path references saying "The Remote procedure call failed". I...
  8. Scanning and repairing drive C

Scanning and repairing drive C: Each and everytime I start my machine This dialogue appears during boot: Scanning and repairing drive C. I properly turn off my pc from start menu. I have a ssd and my pc usually boots within10-15seconds but now it takes longer to boot....
  9. Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?: Dell xps 15 9550. I had this laptop for many years. Windows ten pro. I turned on my laptop and it said it was scanning and fixing my c drive. Now it went to one hundred percent complete and has been like this for quite a while now. The thing was few weeks ago, i had the...
  10. Scanning and Repairing drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scanning and Repairing drive: Hi. I have an issue with my drives. So whenever i start my pc, I always get a message saying scanning and repairing drive (C:) but then a few seconds later my lockscreen appears. I have tried to repair the drive through the errorchecking tool but restarting my computer has...