Windows 10: Windows terminal font with devicons support

Discus and support Windows terminal font with devicons support in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some time ago I moved from Ubuntu to Windows and after some time I really like it. Unfortunately, there is still one thing that seems to be really hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mishaszu, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Mishaszu Win User

Windows terminal font with devicons support

Some time ago I moved from Ubuntu to Windows and after some time I really like it. Unfortunately, there is still one thing that seems to be really hard to configure for me.
    I'd like to use monospace fonts from Nerd Fonts. While I use monospace fonts with no problem on Ubuntu it's not quite an easy task to configure on Windows machine.
    I tried to follow one of the guides that basically looks like:
    1. install font
    2. edit regedit entry
    3. restart computer
    That basically doesn't work. It doesn't work for any Nerd Fonts. After clicking the command line (git bash, PowerShell, Ubuntu WSL) properties I can't find fonts in the fonts tab.

It's really uncomfortable, especially because I use VIM a lot, and without properly configured terminal it's a really bad experience.
    One of the tips was pointing that Windows Terminal might not support installed fonts for the terminal (should be const width), but I guess the very similar rule is set in Ubuntu terminal, and Nerd Fonts works.
    Is there any way to enable font with devicons in Windows Terminal?

:)

Mishaszu, Oct 22, 2019
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 22, 2019
  3. terminal font on taskbar and url not legible on windows 10 screen

i recently updated as suggested by windows 10 my pc and it changed the font on screen to terminal. i write using spanish as my default language and it does not take accents and quotations. how do i restore my original settings for the fonts on screen
    and taskbar?

Brenda MilagrosFeliciano-Solero, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Windows terminal font with devicons support

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows terminal font with devicons support

1. Windows terminal font with devicons support - Similar Threads - terminal font devicons

2. Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?: Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-going-to-end-support-for-adobe-type-1/dea03afc-2e98-46d8-8390-2875900d6491
  3. Fix CTRL+ does not increase Font size in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 News
    Fix CTRL+ does not increase Font size in Windows Terminal: [ATTACH]Pressing either + or – keys while continuing to hold down the Control (Ctrl) key lets you increase or decrease the font size in Windows. However, if you are using a German keyboard layout, you may run into this problem. Hitting the Ctrl+ may not increase font size in...
  4. How to change font size and font weight for a Windows Terminal profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change font size and font weight for a Windows Terminal profile in Windows 10: This post will help you change font size for a Windows Terminal profile on Windows 10 computer. There are so many interesting Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks available that users find quite useful. One of such tips is to change the default font size. You can set the font...
  5. Does Windows Terminal supports all PowerShell and CMD commands?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows Terminal supports all PowerShell and CMD commands?: Hi. Windows terminal supports all commands of powershell and command prompt ? *sarc*Sad Thanks. 176298
  6. Powershell Hindi Font not Supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell Hindi Font not Supported: [ATTACH]Hindi font not showing .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-hindi-font-not-supported/3f4a8f42-26d2-4eb5-9587-5e6ac4bb1822
  7. Font differences between applications such as Terminal, VSCode, Word

in Windows 10 Support
    Font differences between applications such as Terminal, VSCode, Word: I've been playing with C# scripting lately, primarily using VSCode as the IDE on Windows 10. Whilst displaying a table of some of the more esoteric characters from the old IBM PC codepage 437 that have been adopted into Unicode, I noticed differences in the rendering of the...
  8. Windows Terminal update introduces support for multiple panes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal update introduces support for multiple panes: Microsoft released a new preview version of the upcoming Windows Terminal application that brings the version of the application to 0.7. The new version introduces support for splitting the interface into multiple panes to run command prompts next to each other in a single...
  9. Font is not supported, what to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font is not supported, what to do?: [img] [img] How can I find the font type used in this file, so I can install the particular font. Please help! 133935
  10. Telugu Fonts Not Supporting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telugu Fonts Not Supporting: A week back updated my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Earlier, various Telugu fonts supported well in Windows 7, now Windows 10 not supporting fonts If I open a file created in Telugu language, displaying uniformly for all the fonts. Earlier, when changed font type,...