Windows 10: Windows Terminal initialPosition

Discus and support Windows Terminal initialPosition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm testing the new Windows terminal on Windows 10 build 18363.720, and according to the terminal docs, there's supposed to be a setting called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by glockster, Mar 14, 2020.

1. glockster Win User

Windows Terminal initialPosition

I'm testing the new Windows terminal on Windows 10 build 18363.720, and according to the terminal docs, there's supposed to be a setting called initialPosition that sets the terminal starting position based on the upper-left of your primary monitor.

I'm using the following in the "defaults" section of the json file:

"initialPosition": "2000, 2000",
    "launchMode": "default

but no matter what numbers (even negative) I put in place of 2000, 2000, the terminal window starts in the same place.

Anyone have any luck getting this to work? I think this is relatively new functionality so I've not had much luck finding out much about this particular setting beyond what is in the doc.

Thanks in advance!

:)

glockster, Mar 14, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Terminal Preview v0.9 for Windows 10 scheduled for Feb. 11

Source: Windows Terminal Status Updates . Issue #3600 . microsoft/terminal . GitHub

Brink, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Terminal initialPosition - Similar Threads - Terminal initialPosition

2. Windows terminal is giving error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows terminal is giving error: My windows terminal is giving this errorThe terminal process"C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" terminated with exit code: -1073741819...
  3. Windows terminal is giving error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows terminal is giving error: My windows terminal is giving this errorThe terminal process"C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" terminated with exit code: -1073741819...
  4. Stuck terminating Power shell threads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck terminating Power shell threads: Hi, we have a Windows 2016 Server that is not happy at all, over a few days the CPU usage gets higher and higher to the point where it needs a reboot to fix the issue. the issue seems to be a set of PowerShell threads that are started by the system that are stuck in a...
  5. Stuck terminating Power shell threads

Stuck terminating Power shell threads: Hi, we have a Windows 2016 Server that is not happy at all, over a few days the CPU usage gets higher and higher to the point where it needs a reboot to fix the issue. the issue seems to be a set of PowerShell threads that are started by the system that are stuck in a...
  6. what is this Terminal option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is this Terminal option?: When I right-click on my desktop, I see a 'Terminal' option, which it wasn't there before! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-terminal-option/e2d8c097-d8a4-45a4-9d87-e52e42df24ec
  7. what is this Terminal option?

what is this Terminal option?: When I right-click on my desktop, I see a 'Terminal' option, which it wasn't there before! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-terminal-option/e2d8c097-d8a4-45a4-9d87-e52e42df24ec
  8. Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update March 12, 2024—KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296, I am not able to successfully run the command `npm install` in a NodeJS project via the Terminal app. I was previously able to do this. In fact the command completes without error,...
  9. Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update

Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update March 12, 2024—KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296, I am not able to successfully run the command `npm install` in a NodeJS project via the Terminal app. I was previously able to do this. In fact the command completes without error,...
  10. Windows terminal and terminal preview , crashing after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows terminal and terminal preview , crashing after last update: Like the issue was happened in January with almost all native Windows apps. now the same problem reappears again, apparently caused by Microsoft for "old " cpu´s . This time it is affecting the latest version of Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal...