Windows 10: Windows Terminal - input glitching

Discus and support Windows Terminal - input glitching in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm intermittently getting this glitchy input in the terminal window. It seems to happen after using a program or running a command that spits out a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/error__fatal, May 13, 2020.

1. Windows Terminal - input glitching

I'm intermittently getting this glitchy input in the terminal window. It seems to happen after using a program or running a command that spits out a lot of text, and I haven't figured out a way to get it working besides closing and reopening Windows Terminal. See the gif below:

Link

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Version 1903
    • OS build 18362.815
    • Windows Terminal
    • Version: 0.11.1251.0
    • PowerShell Core
    • Version 6.2.4
    submitted by /u/error__fatal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/error__fatal, May 13, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 13, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 13, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows Terminal - input glitching

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Terminal - input glitching

1. Windows Terminal - input glitching - Similar Threads - Terminal input glitching

2. Input Hot Key Setting Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Hot Key Setting Glitch: Hello,Under Setting>Time & Language> Keyboard> Input language hot keys, there is the option to assign keys to each input language, in addition to the simple toggle. e.g. Left Alt + Shift + 2 switches to Japanese For whatever reason, it only saved my setting for 2 of my input...
  3. Input Hot Key Setting Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Hot Key Setting Glitch: Hello,Under Setting>Time & Language> Keyboard> Input language hot keys, there is the option to assign keys to each input language, in addition to the simple toggle. e.g. Left Alt + Shift + 2 switches to Japanese For whatever reason, it only saved my setting for 2 of my input...
  4. Vs code terminal glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vs code terminal glitch: i was writing a command while doing work and my terminal glitching what to do. the cursor gets on the top of the path text. You can see the video of the full issue here.https://drive.google.com/file/d/12uTsyxcPHOxlsBWnSaZ0byTSBvqeroMK/view?usp=sharing...
  5. Vs code terminal glitch

Vs code terminal glitch: i was writing a command while doing work and my terminal glitching what to do. the cursor gets on the top of the path text. You can see the video of the full issue here.https://drive.google.com/file/d/12uTsyxcPHOxlsBWnSaZ0byTSBvqeroMK/view?usp=sharing...
  6. Windows Terminal Glitched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Terminal Glitched: So I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and the first thing I noticed was that Windows Terminal was not installed for some reason. The weird thing is that Windows thought it was installed, but then I checked MS Store and I downloaded it from there. Now if I search...
  7. Windows Terminal Glitched

Windows Terminal Glitched: So I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and the first thing I noticed was that Windows Terminal was not installed for some reason. The weird thing is that Windows thought it was installed, but then I checked MS Store and I downloaded it from there. Now if I search...
  8. Why is there no input to Powershell or terminal in Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no input to Powershell or terminal in Win 11?: OS works, but the bridge between any physical keyboard and Powershell or Terminal is 10%% dead, even fails with the on-screen keyboard on a non-mobile device.Between this and the UNSIGNED AggregatorHost.exe that incessantly activates itself, is there any reason I should...
  9. Why is there no input to Powershell or terminal in Win 11?

Why is there no input to Powershell or terminal in Win 11?: OS works, but the bridge between any physical keyboard and Powershell or Terminal is 10%% dead, even fails with the on-screen keyboard on a non-mobile device.Between this and the UNSIGNED AggregatorHost.exe that incessantly activates itself, is there any reason I should...
  10. Possible Keyboard Input Glitch?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Keyboard Input Glitch?: Hello community! I hope I can find the answer regarding my issue here.So it's been about a week since I first experienced a weird -- possibly bug -- related to my laptop's keyboard. It happened every time I finished filling up web browser form textfield, submitting the form...