Windows 10: Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source

Discus and support Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to add a new terminal type for use with sessions where I plan to be ssh-ing into other computers, to make it really easy to see whether I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hamacting, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source

I wanted to add a new terminal type for use with sessions where I plan to be ssh-ing into other computers, to make it really easy to see whether I am affecting the local computer or a remote machine. So in "Settings" I duplicated the Ubuntu session, changed the GUID and changed the title fields. But the new type of terminal doesn't show up in the list of terminal types I can choose when I press the little down arrow at the right of my tab bar.

Am I doing something silly, or can we simply not have two types of terminal with the same source?

Profiles,json is:

// To view the default settings, hold "alt" while clicking on the "Settings" button.

// For documentation on these settings, see: https://aka.ms/terminal-documentation

{

"$schema": "https://aka.ms/terminal-profiles-schema",

"defaultProfile": "{0caa0dad-35be-5f56-a8ff-afceeeaa6101}",

"initialCols": 225,

"initialRows": 48,

"copyOnSelect": true,

"profiles": [

{

// Make changes here to the powershell.exe profile

"guid": "{61c54bbd-c2c6-5271-96e7-009a87ff44bf}",

"name": "Windows PowerShell",

"commandline": "powershell.exe",

"hidden": false

},

{

// Make changes here to the cmd.exe profile

"guid": "{0caa0dad-35be-5f56-a8ff-afceeeaa6101}",

"name": "cmd",

"commandline": "cmd.exe",

"hidden": false,

"fontFace": "Consolas",

"fontSize": 9

},

{

"guid": "{2c4de342-38b7-51cf-b940-2309a097f518}",

"name": "Ubuntu",

"source": "Windows.Terminal.Wsl",

"fontSize": 9,

"useAcrylic": true,

"acrylicOpacity": 0.8,

"background": "#202020"

},

{

"guid": "{D763C42C-BDDE-4482-A0F5-A4823B02A1D1}",

"name": "Blue Ubuntu",

"source": "Windows.Terminal.Wsl",

"fontSize": 10,

"useAcrylic": true,

"acrylicOpacity": 0.8,

"background": "#000040",

"tabTitle": "Remote Ubuntu"

},

{

"guid": "{b453ae62-4e3d-5e58-b989-0a998ec441b8}",

"name": "Azure Cloud Shell",

"source": "Windows.Terminal.Azure"

}

],

// Add custom color schemes to this array

"schemes": [],

// Add any keybinding overrides to this array.

// To unbind a default keybinding, set the command to "unbound"

"keybindings": []

}

submitted by /u/hamacting
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hamacting, Dec 4, 2019

2. EDGE multiple tabs

Windows 10 Edge browser - I would like to have multiple tabs open when I start my EDGE, but I want one of those tabs to be the Top sites and suggested content page

VaLentinCohen, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 4, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source

1. Windows Terminal: multiple tabs with same source - Similar Threads - Terminal multiple tabs

2. Multiple Ghost Terminal Tabs Opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Ghost Terminal Tabs Opens: Hello, I recently got a new laptop Asus Zenbook 2023. There have been multiple terminal tabs that repeatedly open. I am unable to interact with these terminal tabs and I am also unable to close them. The terminal tabs are transparent and have no text. The only way I can close...
  3. Multiple Ghost Terminal Tabs Opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Ghost Terminal Tabs Opens: Hello, I recently got a new laptop Asus Zenbook 2023. There have been multiple terminal tabs that repeatedly open. I am unable to interact with these terminal tabs and I am also unable to close them. The terminal tabs are transparent and have no text. The only way I can close...
  4. Is Terminal the same as Powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Terminal the same as Powershell?: I just upgraded W10 to W11. Now, I see "Terminal" and "Terminal admin" instead of "PowerShell" and "PowerShell admin". Is Terminal a replacement for PowerShell" or do I need to install PowerShell and if I do, how do I do it?...
  5. Is Terminal the same as Powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Terminal the same as Powershell?: I just upgraded W10 to W11. Now, I see "Terminal" and "Terminal admin" instead of "PowerShell" and "PowerShell admin". Is Terminal a replacement for PowerShell" or do I need to install PowerShell and if I do, how do I do it?...
  6. "Source and destination are same" In OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    "Source and destination are same" In OneDrive: I don't fully understand what condition is causing this, but here's what I observed: I moved some Excel spreadsheets and txt files to OneDrive so that I can work on them from either of two computers. The spreadsheet has macros that create new files, or maybe I should say...
  7. file explorer showing multiple same thing side tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer showing multiple same thing side tab: I am getting multiple of the same iCloud photos icon on the side tab of file explorer how do i get rid of them? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-showing-multiple-same-thing-side-tab/ebf2a4af-5a0d-4231-9410-3f316cd31e88
  8. New tab in terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New tab in terminal: Maybe I’m stupid but how can I open a new tab in windows terminal? (cmd +T in Mac OS) Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/julanteria [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw74kz/new_tab_in_terminal/
  9. Terminal App -- New Tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Terminal App -- New Tabs: I've checked the documentation (doc directory) in github, but the only way mentioned to add new tabs in a Terminal session is to click on the + button. Is there any way to do so by keyboard? I ask because I also use Linux, and in Linux I'm used to using a script which opens...
  10. Microsoft unveils new open source Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft unveils new open source Windows Terminal: Microsoft released the source code of a new Windows Terminal application today featuring multi-tab support, improved font rendering, and more. The company plans to add Windows Terminal to the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 devices soon to make it available to more users....