Windows 10: Windows Terminal (Preview) Background Image

Discus and support Windows Terminal (Preview) Background Image in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've just been having a look at the new windows terminal preview from the Microsoft Store. It looks really cool but I can't seem to set a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by extraicyy, Jul 15, 2019.

1. extraicyy Win User

Windows Terminal (Preview) Background Image

Hi guys,

I've just been having a look at the new windows terminal preview from the Microsoft Store. It looks really cool but I can't seem to set a custom image as the background. Microsoft guidances says to add the below into the profiles.json file, however after doing this the terminal cannot load the file and defaults back to the default settings.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or if anyone has come across this issue before?

"backgroundImage" : "ms-appdata:///roaming/yourimage.jpg", "backgroundImageOp - Pastebin.com (link to code)

Kind Regards

:)

extraicyy, Jul 15, 2019

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

Hi RuthZekowski,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you facing issue with all your files or any particular files?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

The Preview pane shows the contents of certain files selected in File Explorer. For images, it is a thumbnail preview.

If you are unable to preview in File explorer, I suggest you to try the below steps.

1. Open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.
    2. Click Options, and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options dialog.
    3. Check the Show preview handlers in preview pane box, and click/tap on OK.​

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Windows Terminal (Preview) Background Image

Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Terminal (Preview) Background Image

1. Windows Terminal (Preview) Background Image - Similar Threads - Terminal Preview Background

2. Windows terminal and terminal preview , crashing after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows terminal and terminal preview , crashing after last update: Like the issue was happened in January with almost all native Windows apps. now the same problem reappears again, apparently caused by Microsoft for "old " cpu´s . This time it is affecting the latest version of Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal...
  3. Windows terminal and terminal preview , crashing after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows terminal and terminal preview , crashing after last update: Like the issue was happened in January with almost all native Windows apps. now the same problem reappears again, apparently caused by Microsoft for "old " cpu´s . This time it is affecting the latest version of Windows Terminal and Windows Terminal...
  4. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  5. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  6. Change username in Windows Terminal Preview

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change username in Windows Terminal Preview: I downloaded the Windows Terminal Preview but put my Username different then the one in my folder and now when i type commands like "ls -al ~/.ssh", it tells me: " ls: cannot access '/home/lucasgoddamn/.ssh': No such file or directory". But i have the directory .ssh but...
  7. Background Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Image: My laptop changed the background image by itself with my PC's one. I installed Windows 10 from there website on my new PC and reinstalled the same Windows on my laptop. I connected on both devices on my Microsoft Account. However I did this a few weeks ago and my laptop's...
  8. Windows Terminal (Preview) Background Image

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Terminal (Preview) Background Image: Hi guys, I've just been having a look at the new windows terminal preview from the Microsoft Store. It looks really cool but I can't seem to set a custom image as the background. Microsoft guidances says to add the below into the profiles.json file, however after doing this...
  9. Windows Terminal is available as a preview now

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal is available as a preview now: Microsoft published a preview version of Windows Terminal, an upcoming multi-tab console and terminal application for Windows on the Microsoft Store. The company released the source code of the Windows Terminal application in May 2019 officially on its GitHub website and...
  10. Windows Image Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Preview: I advice everyone to download the Vista version of the windows image preview because it has gif support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-image-preview/03bdf898-d716-4492-b28b-1f1cd2a9a9ce

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows terminal background image

2. windows terminal backgroundimage

3. change background image in windows 10 terminal

4. windows terminal preview background image