Windows 10: Windows Terminal settings.json - start w/ two panes top, one bottom

Discus and support Windows Terminal settings.json - start w/ two panes top, one bottom in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Version: 10.0.019042.928 Windows Terminal Version: 1.6.10571.0 I would like for Windows Terminal to start with two panes on top, and one on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dipique, May 4, 2021.

1. dipique Win User

Windows Terminal settings.json - start w/ two panes top, one bottom

Windows Version: 10.0.019042.928 Windows Terminal Version: 1.6.10571.0 I would like for Windows Terminal to start with two panes on top, and one on the bottom. I can produce this behavior AFTER startup by launching Windows Terminal like this: wt sp -H Then, once loaded, click in the upper pane and use your assigned shortcut key for a vertical split. Perfect! However, when trying to replicate this behavior using the startupActions option, I have trouble. I can create two panes on the bottom and one on the top like this: "startupActions": "sp -H `; sp", That's pretty close. I noticed that there's a "focus tab" option, so I tried focusing the first tab before splitting, like this: "startupActions": "sp -H `; ft -t 0 `; sp", However, that has no effect on the layout. I must be missing something simple. Can anyone help me achieve my desired layout at startup without requiring me to manually create the additional tab every time?

:)

dipique, May 4, 2021
  2. dipique Win User

Windows Version: 10.0.019042.928
    Windows Terminal Version: 1.6.10571.0

I would like for Windows Terminal to start with two panes on top, and one on the bottom. I can produce this behavior AFTER startup by launching Windows Terminal like this:

wt sp -H

Then, once loaded, click in the upper pane and use your assigned shortcut key for a vertical split. Perfect!

However, when trying to replicate this behavior using the startupActions option, I have trouble. I can create two panes on the bottom and one on the top like this:

"startupActions": "sp -H `; sp",

That's pretty close. I noticed that there's a "focus tab" option, so I tried focusing the first tab before splitting, like this:

"startupActions": "sp -H `; ft -t 0 `; sp",

However, that has no effect on the layout. I must be missing something simple. Can anyone help me achieve my desired layout at startup without requiring me to manually create the additional tab every time?

dipique, May 5, 2021
  3. Desk top Icons replaced by start menu

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience n this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 5, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

New Windows Terminal v1.7.1033.0 released for Windows 10 - April 14

Source: https://github.com/microsoft/termina...ag/v1.7.1033.0

Brink, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Terminal settings.json - start w/ two panes top, one bottom - Similar Threads - Terminal settings json

2. Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.: Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many other places; for example the area where you search for your passwords. I can get to the passwords but the print is way too...
  3. Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.: Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many other places; for example the area where you search for your passwords. I can get to the passwords but the print is way too...
  4. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  5. Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Terminal Settings Defaults to a .json file that opens up in Firefox: I want to change the default for Windows Terminal from Powershell to the traditional Command Prompt, but when clicking "Settings" in the drop down arrow of the terminal app, it simply opens up a .json file in Firefox.Here is the button I attempt to click:Here is where it...
  6. task bar will not stay set to bottom, reverts to top

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    task bar will not stay set to bottom, reverts to top: when I set the task bar to any thing but top after a second or two it goes right back to top? Thanks Chris...
  7. How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?: I newly installed Windows Terminal after downloading it directly from Microsoft Store. Due to being complete novice I clicked on the drop down arrow, selected "Settings" and mistakenly set the default JSON Editor as "open in web browser". So now every time when I click on...
  8. Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default: Hi. I am working in hot desk environment where each desk has a docking station with an external monitor. When I sit at a desk that I've never sat before the external monitor is automatically added to my desktop as the right screen (Screen 1 Screen 2 configuration). However...
  9. move details pane to the bottom of window

move details pane to the bottom of window: hi i want to know is there any way to move move details pane to the bottom of a window? in windows 8 there were 2 application to run and then it was just like 7 are those two suitable for 10 or not? or 10 has its own application? thanks 16268
  10. Info pane - On the Bottom?

Info pane - On the Bottom?: Is it possible to move the info pane to the bottom of Explorer windows, similar to Windows 7? Seems easier to read for music files especially, rather than having long word wrapping for artist/album titles and so on. 16400