Windows 10: Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks for Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Terminal comes with a lot of features that allow you to customize it and interact with it in a way that feels most comfortable to you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks for Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...ps-and-tricks/

:)

Brink, Oct 16, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8 Tips and Tricks

Come on people, post me some "Windows 8 Tips and Tricks".

I sub'd this thread for "Windows 8 Tips and Tricks", not a comparison/re-hash of past OS version likes and dis-likes.

I want my MTV tips and tricks!*Smile Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks for Windows 10 :)

95Viper, Oct 16, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8 Tips and Tricks

To add to newtekie1's post, here is a nice explanation with a tool for the procedure:
    Enable classic start menu on Windows 8

Here is some info on a tweaking tool in development:
    Windows 8 Power Toys - An ultimate tweaker for Windows 8

If you installed the DEV tools version of Windows 8 you can simulate touch features with a mouse: Windows 8 Simulator to simulate touch features of Windows 8 with a mouse

Here is a listing of tips and trick info at MyWindowsClub.com

Also, over at TheWindowsClub there is: Metro UI Tweaker for Windows 8

95Viper, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Terminal Tips Tricks

2. Managing Files and Folders in Windows 11/10 – Tips & Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Managing Files and Folders in Windows 11/10 – Tips & Tricks: [ATTACH]Files and folders start taking space on your hard drive with time. If you do not organize your files and folders correctly on your Windows 11/10 computer, things will start messing up and you will face difficulties while finding a particular file or folder. This...
  3. Windows 11 tips & tricks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 tips & tricks: What the tips and tricks for windows 11[Original Title: Windows 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tips-tricks/0b48e462-ed0b-4d3e-9863-877e9780e1fa
  4. Windows 11 tips & tricks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 tips & tricks: What the tips and tricks for windows 11[Original Title: Windows 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tips-tricks/0b48e462-ed0b-4d3e-9863-877e9780e1fa
  5. Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks: Windows Terminal is a command-line tool developed by Microsoft. Using this tool, you can run multiple command-line tools like Command Prompt, PowerShell, etc., in separate tabs. Apart from this, you can also add different command-line emulators to the Windows Terminal by...
  6. Firewalls tips&Tricks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewalls tips&Tricks: Hello community here, What's recommended tips and tricks of Windows built-in Firewalls? what should ON or OFF? I wanna know right configs and make it more secure to harden traffics and kinds of threats? Or to suggest me good guides of it. I am afraid to change something...
  7. Windows Clipboard Manager Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Clipboard Manager Tips and Tricks: [ATTACH] The Windows Clipboard is central to a lot of things, but it quietly works in the background. In fact, the very Copy & Paste operations are carried out with the use of Windows Clipboard. In some sense the Windows native [...] This post Windows Clipboard Manager Tips...
  8. VM Tips and Tricks?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM Tips and Tricks?: Hello, When I purchased my recent laptop, I had it come downgraded to Windows 7 Pro on a junk drive. So I essentially had a Windows 7 key and 8 key. I replaced the junk drive with an SSD and installed Windows 8 using the key in the BIOS. Today, the laptop is on Windows 10...
  9. Tips & Tricks

in Windows 10 Support
    Tips & Tricks: Post any tips, tricks, or workarounds here. How to use Windows 10 Technical Preview PC Start Search Cortana Apps Photos File Explorer Maps Xbox Personalization and settings Touch and keyboard Updates and feedback Windows Keyboard shortcuts (there's probably a...
  10. Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks: Despite still being very much an early preview, Windows 10 is already brimming with handy new featues, along with new tweaks and tricks—and, because the operating is still in preview, a handful of those tricks unlock powerful functionality hidden to everyday users....