Windows 10: "Windows Text Input application" Appearing unwanted When clicking with a Wacom pen

Discus and support "Windows Text Input application" Appearing unwanted When clicking with a Wacom pen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click with my Wacom pen on my Bamboo tablet inside a text field on my computer, a soft keyboard is automatically popping on. It took me a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ivan Anand, Jun 26, 2020.

1. "Windows Text Input application" Appearing unwanted When clicking with a Wacom pen

When I click with my Wacom pen on my Bamboo tablet inside a text field on my computer, a soft keyboard is automatically popping on. It took me a long time to figure out what it was. Did it have to do with Windows pen and ink? I think finally I discovered it is the "Windows text input application".

I absolutely do not need this, and it is extremely tedious that I have to close it all the time.

I found a similar problem on this website, and looked at all solutions proposed but they didn't seem to work.

The on-screen keyboard is turned off in settings.

in the registry, the value of 'ShowTabletKeyboard' is set as 0.

I have windows10 home, this is a brand-new computer and I am just setting it up.

:)

Ivan Anand, Jun 26, 2020

2. Wacom Pen is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the questions stated below:

• Did you update your drivers after downloading windows 10?
    • Did you check the compatibility of the Wacom pen with Windows 10?
    • Did you get any error message?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting step to fix it?
    • Is the Asus device a computer or a phone?

If you are facing a problem with a computer, follow the steps below:

Method1:

I would like you to refer to the link below and check if you can find the driver for your software.

Drivers - Microsoft Download Center

Method 2:

I suggest that you run the program in compatibility mode and check if the issue persist. To change mode follow the steps below:

1. Right click on the application it and select
    Properties.

• 2. Click the Compatibility tab and then tick the box labelled
      Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    3. Select the version of Windows that the app worked in before and Click
    OK.

Method3: Windows troubleshooter

• On search bar type “troubleshooter”
      • Find and Click on “Hardware and Sound”
      • Run troubleshooter

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Wacom Pen Input Issue-Dual Monitor

Hi Amistad,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the Windows.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How is the Wacom pen connected to PC, Bluetooth or USB?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • What happens when you switch the monitors and use?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to update the Display drivers
    and check if it helps you.

Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer: How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Step 2: I would suggests you to Uninstall and reinstall the software which you are using for editing
    and check if it helps you.

Note: Install all the pending updates logging in to Microsoft account and check if it helps you.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 26, 2020
  4. "Windows Text Input application" Appearing unwanted When clicking with a Wacom pen

Hold right click on Wacom pen

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you are unable to find certain settings in Wacom Pen.

I suggest you to post the same Query in Wacom Community for further assistance.

Wacom Blog - A place to inspire, challenge and excite your imagination.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

"Windows Text Input application" Appearing unwanted When clicking with a Wacom pen

1. "Windows Text Input application" Appearing unwanted When clicking with a Wacom pen - Similar Threads - Text Input application

2. Pen input panel not showing on every text input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen input panel not showing on every text input: Pen input panel not showing on every text input. It only shows on UWP apps or windows text prompts, but if I go on applications like edge, or any other .exe that isn't an UWP or made by windows, I can't write with my pen tablet and get it recognized as text input....
  3. Pen input panel not showing on every text input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pen input panel not showing on every text input: Pen input panel not showing on every text input. It only shows on UWP apps or windows text prompts, but if I go on applications like edge, or any other .exe that isn't an UWP or made by windows, I can't write with my pen tablet and get it recognized as text input....
  4. A laptop and a wacom pen-enabled tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A laptop and a wacom pen-enabled tablet: Hey there, this is my first time posting. Currently i have 2 windows 10 devices, a laptop and an old windows tablet. Just found out recently that the tablet is actually wacom pen enabled with feel drivers and all that. So my question is, can i somehow connect the two device...
  5. Microsoft text input application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft text input application?: Just saw this in my task manager. What is it? I don’t think I’ve seen it before. submitted by /u/Zx21v9000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx42jl/microsoft_text_input_application/
  6. Microsoft text input application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft text input application: Hello, I recently disabled Microsoft text input application. Would this cause problems with my Turbo Tax online? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-text-input-application/79030088-90b7-411b-b5a0-64e70c04dd03
  7. MOUSE bug - Wacom pen + tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    MOUSE bug - Wacom pen + tablet: https://imgur.com/a/zzmMqUy I am having an issue where after a minute or two, never immediately, after using my drawing tablet, Windows decides to increase my cursor size seeminglybeyond the maximum size in Settings. My setup is as follows: Wacom Intuos 2 XD-1212-U...
  8. Wacom pen pressure is not working in window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wacom pen pressure is not working in window 10: intous art pen pressure is not working properly in window 10. it really sucks! I have tried to turn off and on window ink and also tried pasting window config in photoshop setting. neither opacity nor pen pressure working properly. it showing same brush stroke. Anyone know...
  9. Photoshop Wacom Pen lag with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop Wacom Pen lag with windows 10: Will someone please tell me if this is going to be fixed? I've done all the hacks. Been dealing with this for months. If not I'm giving up and buying a mac. So frustrating....
  10. Wacom pen malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wacom pen malfunctioned: I just upgraded my Asus VivoTab Note 8 to 32-bit Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. Everything seems to work fine except the Wacom pen that is not working at all. The driver in device manager states working correctly. Can someone advise any possible or temporary fix. Thanks!...