Windows 10: Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it)

Discus and support Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently I changed the settings to high contrast colors (From the windows lock screen) but quickly switched back to the normal settings. But after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xSpaceX, Jun 7, 2019.

1. xSpaceX Win User

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it)

So recently I changed the settings to high contrast colors (From the windows lock screen) but quickly switched back to the normal settings.

But after switching back to the normal colors, half the colors are in high contrast and the other half are not.

This probably does not make sense but I will attach some screenshots.

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it) 55d98854-9afe-4f4f-b152-149a5c9b4062?upload=true.png

This is the windows explorer, unless I hover over the directory I am not able to see the text.

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it) 97d16c11-4ae3-4691-abc7-0aafe934d938?upload=true.png In this image I am hovering over the directory hence I can see the name.

Same is the case of the control panel:

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it) 3f8cd145-a37c-49d1-8e8c-f6f2bf093dfa?upload=true.png

Now if I switch back to the high contrast color, I am able to see the directory names without hovering:

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it) 7d875dfb-0b99-4fd2-bb3e-ace17548cd52?upload=true.png

Any help is appreciated.

:)

xSpaceX, Jun 7, 2019

2. Invisible Text...?

I'd love to...but even there all the text is invisible unless I click on something, uh oh...

MrJayTCarter, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Invisible Text...?

Hey there fellow Windows users, I have Windows 10 on my laptop, have had no problems until now, where the text is invisible in the file explorer; as seen in the attached two screenshots. Don't know what to do, am thinking a simple reboot would fix it; thoughts? Thanks!!

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it) [​IMG]

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it) [​IMG]

MrJayTCarter, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it)

Menu Bars Invisible except on hover

I am using two programs by Corel: Draw X5 and PaintShopPro X6. Since my upgrade to Windows 10, the Menu Bar on both programs is invisible (white on a white background) unless I hover the cursor over the buttons. Then I can access the pulldown menus. So
    far, these are the only programs on which I am noticing the problem, but I haven't opened everything on the computer. It is a desktop. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? It is annoying to search for the buttons. Thanks.

tapestrylife, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it)

1. Windows text is invisible (unless I hover over it) - Similar Threads - text invisible unless

2. OneNote: Text invisible/disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote: Text invisible/disappears: When using OneNote sometimes parts of the text disappears/become invisible. These parts only appears again when I hover mouse cursor over the text or when I change to another page or close OneNote and open again. I'm using OneNote (Versão 16001.11629.20028.0), Windows 10...
  3. hyper text links showing when i hover over picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    hyper text links showing when i hover over picture: Hello everyone Thanks for reading this I am NOT SURE which "CATEGORY etc." this "should" be placed in, so I am sorry if it is in the wrong one. I have seen this question before BUT have NOT seen a creditable answer that seems to solve it YET. If anyone has the same...
  4. Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text.: When Windows 10 Night Light is enabled, the screen will increase in brightness when: 1) The mouse is hovering over text, OR 2) The mouse is on my secondary monitor. This issue is very annoying because it hurts my eyes when using my PC in the dark. This issue even exists when...
  5. Mouse hovering over other programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programs: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  6. Question about hovering text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about hovering text.: Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot of what I want to turn off if possible. The red arrow points to what I want to turn off. [img] I know this is a helpful...
  7. Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them: Will post links to pictures underneath of issue but basically icons started looking weird today on the action centre and the windows bit in the left bottom corner. When I put mouse over them they go back to normal but then weird again. Any help? Thanks 1 2 3 4 104814
  8. Invisible Text...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Text...?: Hey there fellow Windows users, I have Windows 10 on my laptop, have had no problems until now, where the text is invisible in the file explorer; as seen in the attached two screenshots. Don't know what to do, am thinking a simple reboot would fix it; thoughts? Thanks!!...
  9. Hovering text on my screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering text on my screen: I have a hovering text on my screen that is coming from another window ( another opened Chrome window) Why does it happen, and how can i get rid of it without rebooting ? [img] 33690
  10. Cursor hover over application issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor hover over application issue: Hello friends, I recently switched to Windows 10 and it's been great so far but I've been having problems with one specific thing. I use VLC to listen to podcasts and I leave the VLC window behind all the rest of my windows since I don't need to touch it for any reason...