Windows 10: Windows Theme and Background Settings keep reverting!

Discus and support Windows Theme and Background Settings keep reverting! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Evening! OS: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (10.0 Build 17763) Every time I shut down my computer or the slideshow cycle time is reached, windows reverts my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatrickLyman, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Windows Theme and Background Settings keep reverting!

Evening!

Every time I shut down my computer or the slideshow cycle time is reached, windows reverts my background desktop settings to the default ones.

Desired Settings: Slideshow, 10 minutes, Shuffle, Colors: Auto Pick Accent Background.

Settings reverted to: Picture, whatever the last background was

I looked through a ticket or two and saw a suggestion to create a test admin and try the settings and did so, they stuck. Problem is it, they didn't say where to go from there. Any help on this would be great. I don't want to use the admin test account as my new account.

:)

PatrickLyman, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Tesston Win User

Windows Theme always reverts to default

Hello guys I am encountering the same problem. What you have suggested is working but every time I restart or turn on my computer, it reverted the theme to "unsaved theme."

Tesston, Feb 13, 2019
  3. How to change the screen background settings in Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the background to the original.

• Type Themes and related settings in search bar. And click on that.

• Go to Themes.

• Under Windows default Themes select the back ground close the window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

Windows Theme and Background Settings keep reverting!

Windows 10 Theme settings won't retain

Hi Alex,

Personalization includes your account's theme settings, desktop background, color and appearance, sounds, screen saver settings, desktop icon settings, mouse pointers, Notification Area Icons, and System Icons.

In Windows 10, the personalization settings are all moving to the Settings app. To access the setting app, here are the steps:

• On the Start Menu - select Settings (or in the Action Center - select All Settings)
    • In the Settings app - select Personalization
      • The Desktop Slideshow is available under Background
      • The Windows Color is under Colors
      • The Sounds can be reached through Themes - Advanced sound settings
    Once you begin to change the options, there will be an Unsaved Theme that you can rename.

As a workaround in creating a personal theme in windows 10, click on any theme under My Themes or Default Themes then press the Windows key and R (for Run) then enter control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper on the run line. The old Desktop
    Background screen will come up and you select Clear All then Browse. Select Pictures, scroll down to the ones you want to make a theme of, select the pictures then Save Changes. Click on Unsaved Theme to save it with the name of your choice and you have a
    new theme.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Theme and Background Settings keep reverting!

1. Windows Theme and Background Settings keep reverting! - Similar Threads - Theme Background Settings

2. Theme revert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Theme revert: So, I opened a PDF in Adobe Acrobat, and it told me it encountered a problem. When I clicked ok, this happened:That's just the top part. And I'm using Windows 10! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-revert/8b339b05-3855-45e3-a702-c825ffe8601f
  3. Theme revert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Theme revert: So, I opened a PDF in Adobe Acrobat, and it told me it encountered a problem. When I clicked ok, this happened:That's just the top part. And I'm using Windows 10! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-revert/8b339b05-3855-45e3-a702-c825ffe8601f
  4. Theme revert

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Theme keeps reverting to grey theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Theme keeps reverting to grey theme: I have syncing turned completely off in Windows Settings, I removed all devices but my PC from my Microsoft account. And I also tried enabling "Do not sync desktop personalization" and "Do not sync personalize". But it keeps reverting to this grey color whenever I reboot,...
  6. Windows Theme keeps reverting to grey theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Theme keeps reverting to grey theme: I have syncing turned completely off in Windows Settings, I removed all devices but my PC from my Microsoft account. And I also tried enabling "Do not sync desktop personalization" and "Do not sync personalize". But it keeps reverting to this grey color whenever I reboot,...
  7. Windows Theme keeps reverting to grey theme

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Background keep revert back to black

Background keep revert back to black: Hi, I have a brand new XPS15 9500 and since i had it, it keeps having issue with windows explorer: - Explorer crashes often - Often run CPU up to 30% - Revert background settings back to black and change screen sharing settings. Anyone knows how to fix these issues?...
  9. Lockscreen and Background keep Reverting Back

Lockscreen and Background keep Reverting Back: I've tried to set my lock and background screen to my own photo and it only stays that way for a day, then changes to a random one chosen by windows. I've made sure that I selected the 'picture' option in the personalization settings and not "slideshow". But no matter what...
  10. Backgrounds and Themes

Backgrounds and Themes: I would like to use one photo from a Microsoft downloaded Theme that has 20 different background photos, for my permanent background wallpaper. Is there a way to do this? The options in the background settings do not let me pick one picture permanently, it forces me to...