Windows 10: Windows thinking tab key is stuck, but it isn't

Discus and support Windows thinking tab key is stuck, but it isn't in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have no idea what this would be called but I've never heard of this happening, and it's stopping me from using the majority of apps on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sharck, Sep 23, 2020.

1. sharck Win User

Windows thinking tab key is stuck, but it isn't

I have no idea what this would be called but I've never heard of this happening, and it's stopping me from using the majority of apps on my computer and I have no clue how to fix it.

One random day after starting my pc, random apps aren't working. You know how when you press the tab key, it selects the first button? Well, for Windows apps (such as xbox game bar, Microsoft store, Cortana) it will constantly select the first button in the app. It constantly holds down the tab key.

I've tried everything I could find. Reinstalling the keyboard, turning sticky keys on and off, restarting my pc, checking for updates, but nothing is working. It's impossible to use the windows search, xbox game bar, settings, even the calculator is unresponsive. I have to use a calculator on google. Even if the keyboard is unplugged it still happens.

The strange thing is, it only happens in windows apps? Games, browsers, anything not directly related to windows works just fine.

The only other option I haven't tried is reinstalling windows. But I really, really don't want to have to do that.

:)

sharck, Sep 23, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows thinking tab key is stuck, but it isn't - Similar Threads - thinking tab key

2. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  3. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  4. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down: On certain MS applications such as mail or settings, I have an issue that is kind of hard to explain. Some examples are not being able to press the sleep button from the windows menu - it flashes grey as if it is being selected repeatedly by pressing the tab key. Another...
  6. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down: On certain MS applications such as mail or settings, I have an issue that is kind of hard to explain. Some examples are not being able to press the sleep button from the windows menu - it flashes grey as if it is being selected repeatedly by pressing the tab key. Another...
  7. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Tab key is stuck but only in browsers

Tab key is stuck but only in browsers: So I'm currently using opera GX, but it doesn't matter, so the problem is that every time I switch tabs, it is like the tab button is stuck, but this only happens to the tab and not the website itself. I tried a couple of solutions like updating the drivers, but nothing...
  9. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tab key stuck?: Hi, So I've never had this issue until now, But When I hit Windows key + G to open my Overlay to see my Xbox friend etc, I can see a highlight on icons and it keeps scrolling from left to right like I'm holding down Tab, Also if I try to type in Windows search it keeps...
  10. My computer thinks the windows key is stuck down but it isn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer thinks the windows key is stuck down but it isn't: So, a few months ago randomly my computer would bug and act as if I was holding down the windows key. I thought it was my keyboard at first and it didn't really bother me that much as after a quick restart of my computer the issue was gone. But Today it came back. And it will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer acts like tab key is stuck