Windows 10: windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection.

Discus and support windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have connected to the internet using dial up connection through a modem.I can browse the internet in web browsers, can get my windows updates too.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RupankarPodder, Nov 16, 2018.

1. windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection.

I have connected to the internet using dial up connection through a modem.I can browse the internet in web browsers, can get my windows updates too.

In the network options it shows 'connected' in the dial up tab but 'disconnected' in the status tab.When I try to sign up in cortana or in windows office,it shows that I am not connected to the internet and it shows " 0x800713AB ". I can also log into my windows account.

:)

RupankarPodder, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

Moving a dial up connection across computers

Use the Windows internet connections wizzard, just choose the Dial-up connections checkboxes etc. It's made to be easy.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection. 189114715.png

imperialreign, Nov 16, 2018
  4. windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection.

Internet Connection Sharing and Windows 7

O.K., I booted the dial up computer into Win 7 and connected to the internet, then went to the computer that is having the problem, fired up IE and searched for Google Chrome and the page did not load right. On the Chrome download page, the image that they have of YouTube was distorted. I refreshed, and it was still distorted. So, I rebooted the dial up computer into XP, connected to the internet and went back to my other computer and refreshed the page again. Still distorted. I closed IE and ran CCleaner which cleared the cache and cookies. Restarted IE performed the same search and page loads fine. (Still booted into XP on the dial up machine while I done this). So the problem only occurs when the dial up computer is booted into Windows 7 and doesn't go away until I use XP to connect to the internet and then clear the browser cache. Now, my daughter says that her computer (Win 7 Ult 64 bit), is starting to experience the exact same problem. Loads web pages fine when the XP system is connected, but has errors on web pages when Win 7 is used the make the internet connection. Something that I have not tried yet is to bring up a browser on the actual machine that connects to the internet to see how it acts. Will do that next.

jeepdriver, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection.

1. windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection. - Similar Threads - thinks connected internet

2. Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.: A few weeks ago I reset my pc and everything was going smoothly until some time after windows showed I had no connection while I had one.I have literally tried everything I could find on this matter, including.-Troubleshooting.-Resetting the network more than 1...
  3. Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.: A few weeks ago I reset my pc and everything was going smoothly until some time after windows showed I had no connection while I had one.I have literally tried everything I could find on this matter, including.-Troubleshooting.-Resetting the network more than 1...
  4. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?: Date/TimeActionAuthor12/25/2017 7:06:03 AMLockedA. User2/3/2014 9:01:26 PMCreatedStrictStew9953 Windows 7 says I'm not connected to the internet, but I amBrandon T Davis Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am July 25th 2020As you can see SAME issue going...
  5. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?: Date/TimeActionAuthor12/25/2017 7:06:03 AMLockedA. User2/3/2014 9:01:26 PMCreatedStrictStew9953 Windows 7 says I'm not connected to the internet, but I amBrandon T Davis Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am July 25th 2020As you can see SAME issue going...
  6. windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am: Settings tells me I am connected to the internet but for some reason windows 10 up to date does not think I am. So far I cannot find a fix even used Geeks but nothing fixes. Below is the error message I get when attempting to use the feedback process....
  7. Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.

Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.: My problem is twofold: the first issue is that lately adjusting the volume on my PC works when playing through the monitor speakers, but not when using headphones. I saw the recommendation to use the windows troubleshooter, which is when I hit my second snag: The network...
  8. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am

Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am: Windows thinks im not connected to the internet but i am. I can browse the internet, download games, watch videos but anything to do with windows it tells me im not connected. Ive tried everything to fix it but with no luck, nothing has fixed it. Its finally start to get...
  9. My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am

My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am: I can browse the web normally, just my computer doesn't think I am connected, therefore cortana etc. is not working. I already tried the troubleshooter and got no help?...
  10. Windows thinks I am not connected but I am

Windows thinks I am not connected but I am: Windows 10 problems – network awareness and Win 10 apps. not working on Wi-Fi or Wired (CAT5e). 1. Network and Sharing Center shows “you are currently not connected to any networks.” > Even though I connected using either wireless or wired connections. > Checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dial-up connection connected but status says not connected

2. windows cumulative update for dail up connection

3. windows update thinks i am not connected to the internet