Windows 10: Windows thinks I am on a metered network but I am not

Discus and support Windows thinks I am on a metered network but I am not in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive keeps pausing and says that I am on a metered network. I am not on a metered network and don't want OneDrive to pause. "Set as metered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Catbill, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Catbill Win User

Windows thinks I am on a metered network but I am not

OneDrive keeps pausing and says that I am on a metered network. I am not on a metered network and don't want OneDrive to pause. "Set as metered connection" is turned off in Settings. What other settings need to be changed?

:)

Catbill, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

How to stop Window update for metered network

Hi,

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered, you may try the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks.
    • Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10  

I found that after selecting wifi it shows a list of available connections and under need to select advanced settings and the metered selection is located their. and is not as the above tutorial.

peter prewett, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Metered connections in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Let's try the steps below and check if you are able to set the metered connection.

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered:

• Press Windows + I key on the keyboard.
    • Click on network tab.
    • Under network select WiFi > Advanced options >
      Set as metered connection.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows thinks I am on a metered network but I am not - Similar Threads - thinks metered network

2. roblox thinks i am on mobile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roblox thinks i am on mobile.: im using a 2in1 laptop and i am playing the microsft store version of roblox. and when i join a game i cant shoot or aim or do things because it thinks i am on mobile and it shows mobile buttons. pls help...
  3. roblox thinks i am on mobile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roblox thinks i am on mobile.: im using a 2in1 laptop and i am playing the microsft store version of roblox. and when i join a game i cant shoot or aim or do things because it thinks i am on mobile and it shows mobile buttons. pls help...
  4. Windows store and Gamepass think i am offline but i am not. Can't log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store and Gamepass think i am offline but i am not. Can't log in: Hi, it started with xbox gamepass not signing in. At this point Windows store was still working. The situation now is that the following apps say that there is no internet connection:Windows store Error code 0x800704cfXbox Gamepass can't sign inEdge no internet...
  5. windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am: Settings tells me I am connected to the internet but for some reason windows 10 up to date does not think I am. So far I cannot find a fix even used Geeks but nothing fixes. Below is the error message I get when attempting to use the feedback process....
  6. I think I am getting hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think I am getting hacked: I have posted on here before but the person I was talking about before who threatened me they also said they have friends that can hack accounts and I think they are trying to get into my computer because like 5 hours after I blocked them my computer was starting to act up...
  7. My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am

My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am: I can browse the web normally, just my computer doesn't think I am connected, therefore cortana etc. is not working. I already tried the troubleshooter and got no help?...
  8. My Onedrive does not sync stating I am on metered network

My Onedrive does not sync stating I am on metered network: my one drive does not sync stating I am on metered network, I troubled shoot with provider and it seems that the issue is with onedrive app. how can I solve this issue , because I am, not on metered network * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title:...
  9. Windows does not think I am activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows does not think I am activated: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade some time ago. Now, I'm getting a watermark on my screen that says I haven't activated, and when I use the activation troubleshooter, it gives me a "0xc0000022" error. What can I do about this?...
  10. Windows thinks I am not connected but I am

Windows thinks I am not connected but I am: Windows 10 problems – network awareness and Win 10 apps. not working on Wi-Fi or Wired (CAT5e). 1. Network and Sharing Center shows “you are currently not connected to any networks.” > Even though I connected using either wireless or wired connections. > Checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Onedrive paused because it says on a metered network

2. laptop keeps saying this computer is on a metered network

3. windows thinks im on metered connection

4. onedrive thinks im ON a metered network,
  5. laptop say im on a metred network imnot,
  6. my pc thinks i am on a metered network but i am not what do i dio,
  7. computer thinks im on metered internet connection,
  8. windows keeps saying that I am on a metered network,
  9. windows 10 says i am on metered connection