Windows 10: Windows thinks I have a work or school account

Discus and support Windows thinks I have a work or school account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to remove my pin as a sign in option, it tells me that my organization doesn't allow a pin and to click to fix. Then it asks me to log in to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AshleyS1, Apr 2, 2021.

1. AshleyS1 Win User

Windows thinks I have a work or school account

When I try to remove my pin as a sign in option, it tells me that my organization doesn't allow a pin and to click to fix. Then it asks me to log in to my account, but won't let me -- it tells me I need to log in with a work or school account.

This is my personal computer, it's not associated with a work or school account. I checked in the accounts section and nothing is linked.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

AshleyS1, Apr 2, 2021

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Windows thinks I have a work or school account

Can't add a school account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given methods and check if it works:

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to some file corruption, I suggest you to try running DISM tool and check if it works. To do so, refer the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to try to create a new user account and check if you still face this issue in new user account. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    • Sign out from the current User account and log-in using new User account and check if issue persist.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows thinks I have a work or school account

1. Windows thinks I have a work or school account - Similar Threads - thinks school account

2. My computer thinks I have school/work email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer thinks I have school/work email: When I recover my computer. Instead of signing in with your Microsoft account. It said sign in with your work/school email to start. Any help will means a lot....
  3. My computer thinks I have school/work email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer thinks I have school/work email: When I recover my computer. Instead of signing in with your Microsoft account. It said sign in with your work/school email to start. Any help will means a lot....
  4. How to sign in if I dont have work/school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in if I dont have work/school account?: My email is personal only, i don't have any work/school account, then how the hell I can sign in?Simply enough from where i can get work/school account to freaking sign in to windows ? Fix that, or at least provide users a choice what is this!!!!...
  5. How to sign in if I dont have work/school account?

How to sign in if I dont have work/school account?: My email is personal only, i don't have any work/school account, then how the hell I can sign in?Simply enough from where i can get work/school account to freaking sign in to windows ? Fix that, or at least provide users a choice what is this!!!!...
  6. MS thinks I have a work/school account but I don't

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MS thinks I have a work/school account but I don't: When MS asks me to sign in - to access this community for example - it presents two options, a personal account and a work/school account which both have the same email address.It suggests the latter was provided by an organisation - but it was not.I do not have an...
  7. MS thinks I have a work/school account but I don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS thinks I have a work/school account but I don't: When MS asks me to sign in - to access this community for example - it presents two options, a personal account and a work/school account which both have the same email address.It suggests the latter was provided by an organisation - but it was not.I do not have an...
  8. MS thinks I have a work/school account but I don't

9. Microsoft Account and Quick Assist; I do have not have a Work or School account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account and Quick Assist; I do have not have a Work or School account: I have only ONE Microsoft account, and it is the 'primary alias'.When trying to use Quick Assist these are the screens I get. I don't have an IT department - I am just a home user, so I click on 'Use Another Account.' I put in my credentials and select Personal...
  10. Work School account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work School account: We have domain joined computers running windows 10. The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password. When users reset their password, outlook...