Windows 10: windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

Discus and support windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; subject says it all, got a new PC and its all hooked up but it thinks that i have a second monitor when i only have one, how do i get rid of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pigmaskplayer, Aug 11, 2022.

1. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

subject says it all, got a new PC and its all hooked up but it thinks that i have a second monitor when i only have one, how do i get rid of this nonexistent second monitor

:)

pigmaskplayer, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 11, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 11, 2022
  4. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one

1. windows thinks i have two monitors when i only have one - Similar Threads - thinks monitors

2. Monitor 1 thinks it's Monitor 2 but also it can't be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1 thinks it's Monitor 2 but also it can't be detected: I'm running a dual monitor set up. One is my monitor and the other one is a screen tablet. It used to work no problem but lately when I turn the PC on, only my screen tablet displays something.The weird part is, if I disconnect my screen tabletmonitor 2 and then I turn my PC...
  3. Monitor 1 thinks it's Monitor 2 but also it can't be detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1 thinks it's Monitor 2 but also it can't be detected: I'm running a dual monitor set up. One is my monitor and the other one is a screen tablet. It used to work no problem but lately when I turn the PC on, only my screen tablet displays something.The weird part is, if I disconnect my screen tabletmonitor 2 and then I turn my PC...
  4. Monitor 1 thinks it's Monitor 2 but also it can't be detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...: The light indicates that I have power to it but just has a dark screen as if it were off. I tried to plug it into my laptop but the laptop screen flashes on and off continuously from a smaller to larger to dark on the screen. Can someone tell me **** I am doing? How can I...
  6. I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...

I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...: The light indicates that I have power to it but just has a dark screen as if it were off. I tried to plug it into my laptop but the laptop screen flashes on and off continuously from a smaller to larger to dark on the screen. Can someone tell me **** I am doing? How can I...
  7. my laptop monitor thinks its an external one and running like ****

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop monitor thinks its an external one and running like ****: i wanted to play Detroit Become Human and i was running it of my internal grafic chip in my AMD procesor, but, i needed to run it of my 3050, and when i did my laptop monitor is named "wired display" and is now my second monitor, i cant change the max Hz, all apps start on my...
  8. my laptop monitor thinks its an external one and running like ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop monitor thinks its an external one and running like ****: i wanted to play Detroit Become Human and i was running it of my internal grafic chip in my AMD procesor, but, i needed to run it of my 3050, and when i did my laptop monitor is named "wired display" and is now my second monitor, i cant change the max Hz, all apps start on my...
  9. my laptop monitor thinks its an external one and running like ****

10. How to change what monitor is assigned what number? I have the answer I think

How to change what monitor is assigned what number? I have the answer I think: Hi everyone, for those using a pc with multiple monitors and are wanting to have each monitor a specific number I may have found the answer. I was having this exact problem and all I did to change the assigned number was change which port my DP or HDMI was plugged into....