Windows 10: Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am

Discus and support Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows thinks im not connected to the internet but i am. I can browse the internet, download games, watch videos but anything to do with windows it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brandon T Davis, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am

Windows thinks im not connected to the internet but i am. I can browse the internet, download games, watch videos but anything to do with windows it tells me im not connected.

Ive tried everything to fix it but with no luck, nothing has fixed it. Its finally start to get really annoying.

:)

Brandon T Davis, Jul 25, 2020

2. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available.
    I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the internet. When I click this Wifi Icon , a window pops up and on its top it shows my ssid and below it shows connected. Disconnect option is also here.
    Please suggest some remedial measure.
    I have already changed my Wifi adapter - previously it was Wayona and now I am using Prolink. Both works well.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Jul 25, 2020
  3. El Banko Win User
    Windows thinks I am not connected but I am

Windows 10 problems – network awareness and Win 10 apps. not working on Wi-Fi or Wired (CAT5e).

1. Network and Sharing Center shows “you are currently not connected to any networks.”
    > Even though I connected using either wireless or wired connections.
    > Checked workgroup= OK and can print to network printer so LAN is working on wi-fi or wired.

2. Wi-Fi works BUT hovering over icon says, “Identifying…Internet Access.
    > When wifi network list is opened it shows my SSID as Connected but network and sharing says same as #1 above.

3. Cannot add user account to computer. Gives message: “Something Went Wrong!”.

4. Search is limited to computer only – “We can’t connect to the internet right now. But you can still search your stuff.” Win 10 does search the laptop and provide results. If searching by Bing, default browser, Chrome, opens and gets to the internet okay.

5. Edge does not connect to internet.
    > Firefox and Chrome connects without delay.
    > Outlook connects and email accounts work okay.

6. Cortana does not work. Gives message that cannot search internet now. Make sure you are connected to the internet (even though laptop is connected).

Conclusion: Windows 10 has lost accurate network connection awareness and this prohibits parts of Windows (Edge, Cortana, Search), Add user account and other internals from working properly due to dependency on internet access.

In other words, all Windows MODERN apps. (Mail, News, Money, Calendar, Search, Edge, Cortana, etc.) are not working due to being told there is no internet connection. WiFi list shows SSID as Connected and I have full internet access.

Non-Windows Modern apps. like Firefox and Chrome work fine. Outlook also works fine.

I have tried many things but would like to hear from you with possible solutions beyond basics (clean install not an option). Thanks in advance for any assistance you might offer.

El Banko, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am

Half of my computer doesn't think i am connected to the internet. (please help!)

Hello Luke,

Let us try isolating the issue to give you the best solution possible. Please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any updates/changes to your device before this issue happened?
    • Does the issue happen with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

For now, we suggest that you follow all the troubleshooting steps that you have not yet done in the article below.

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am

1. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am - Similar Threads - thinks I’m connected

2. Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.: A few weeks ago I reset my pc and everything was going smoothly until some time after windows showed I had no connection while I had one.I have literally tried everything I could find on this matter, including.-Troubleshooting.-Resetting the network more than 1...
  3. Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.: A few weeks ago I reset my pc and everything was going smoothly until some time after windows showed I had no connection while I had one.I have literally tried everything I could find on this matter, including.-Troubleshooting.-Resetting the network more than 1...
  4. Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?: Date/TimeActionAuthor12/25/2017 7:06:03 AMLockedA. User2/3/2014 9:01:26 PMCreatedStrictStew9953 Windows 7 says I'm not connected to the internet, but I amBrandon T Davis Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am July 25th 2020As you can see SAME issue going...
  6. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?: Date/TimeActionAuthor12/25/2017 7:06:03 AMLockedA. User2/3/2014 9:01:26 PMCreatedStrictStew9953 Windows 7 says I'm not connected to the internet, but I amBrandon T Davis Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am July 25th 2020As you can see SAME issue going...
  7. windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am: Settings tells me I am connected to the internet but for some reason windows 10 up to date does not think I am. So far I cannot find a fix even used Geeks but nothing fixes. Below is the error message I get when attempting to use the feedback process....
  8. Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.

Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.: My problem is twofold: the first issue is that lately adjusting the volume on my PC works when playing through the monitor speakers, but not when using headphones. I saw the recommendation to use the windows troubleshooter, which is when I hit my second snag: The network...
  9. I’m connected to the internet but I’m not???

I’m connected to the internet but I’m not???: [IMG]Im going to starbucks ill explain later, everytime i connect to the internet, chrome works perfectly, browsers work fine but when i use store apps or xbox apps on windows 10 i get something by like this, help because i do not want to reset my entire system. Ill end of...
  10. My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am

My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am: I can browse the web normally, just my computer doesn't think I am connected, therefore cortana etc. is not working. I already tried the troubleshooter and got no help?...