Windows 10: Windows thinks it's still in To Go mode

Discus and support Windows thinks it's still in To Go mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some trouble with Windows To Go, that's how it's called I guess, I installed Windows 10 64bit on my ASUS laptop, but I used the HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by infgrs, Jan 10, 2021.

1. infgrs Win User

Windows thinks it's still in To Go mode

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with Windows To Go, that's how it's called I guess, I installed Windows 10 64bit on my ASUS laptop, but I used the HDD to fix another Laptop as a USB HDD, but after placing my HDD into my ASUS laptop, Windows keeps thinking it's in a USB.

How do I fix it?

:)

infgrs, Jan 10, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 10, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 10, 2021
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Windows thinks it's still in To Go mode [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

1. Windows thinks it's still in To Go mode - Similar Threads - thinks still mode

2. Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed: Hello,One day my bluetooth stopped working. Windows was showing that everything was alright but my bluetooth devices would not longer connect to my PC. I tried completely uninstalling all bluetooth drivers and devices using the device manager. I was surprised to see the...
  3. Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed: Hello,One day my bluetooth stopped working. Windows was showing that everything was alright but my bluetooth devices would not longer connect to my PC. I tried completely uninstalling all bluetooth drivers and devices using the device manager. I was surprised to see the...
  4. Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows still thinks it’s on my old laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows still thinks it’s on my old laptop: I had a problem with my PC where I couldn’t install windows onto any of my hard drives because they didn’t match the format of my USB boot drive. So I did a clean install of windows on my laptop SSD, with WiFi disables so it wouldn’t download any laptop drivers, then I...
  6. S mode still on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    S mode still on: I am trying to install some apps that required to be in the original windows mode. I have updated the Windows 10 S mode to the pro, but it still identifies the system when installing an app as S mode and not as a pro without the restrictions. What am I missing? What can be...
  7. 1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?: In the initial wave of reports for things that were broken in the first release of 1809, there was included a fatal BSOD on attempting to boot Windows To Go: [img] It is related to WppRecorder.sys, affected both "official" and "unofficial" To Go installs, and was only...
  8. 1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?: In the initial wave of reports for things that were broken in the first release of 1809, there was included a fatal BSOD on attempting to boot Windows To Go: [img] It is related to WppRecorder.sys, affected both "official" and "unofficial" To Go installs, and was only...
  9. Migrated to SSD - Windows thinks old HDD is still there!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrated to SSD - Windows thinks old HDD is still there!: So, migrated to Crucial SSD in wife's laptop, no problem. Boots in seconds - however when starting system restore, it thinks the old HDD is also still there. It is in configure, the new SSD is there fine, but it also shows the old HDD. I try to delete system restore on...
  10. Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1: Why? Because to me, it seems like Windows 10 is still buggy! I don't like the fact that I can't remove Windows Defender, and/or uninstall/disable some programs that I know i won't use. There are Windows software that are locked into this that eats my RAM and causes my PC to...