Windows 10: Windows thinks laptop is offline when Im connected and using the Internet

Discus and support Windows thinks laptop is offline when Im connected and using the Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Desktop hard-wired to router, works fine, laptop on wifi, works fine for everything but Microsoft, which thinks laptop is offline. Desktop can't sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkFreburg, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows thinks laptop is offline when Im connected and using the Internet

Desktop hard-wired to router, works fine, laptop on wifi, works fine for everything but Microsoft, which thinks laptop is offline. Desktop can't sign in to anything Windows related, like games, xbox. I get "offline" message. I can have multiple browser instances open, be streaming music etc, and yet Windows tells me I'm offline. The icon on the desktop will show me as having internet access, but Microsoft doesn't recognize it.

Can't sign in to Microsoft account from laptop either. Offers to let me sign in locally but don't seem to have a password that works, neither machine log-in passwords work. so I backed out of trying that.

I do use Outlook.com email with no problems.

Windows 10 is up to date. Happens with or without VPN running. Removed it from start-up to test this.

:)

MarkFreburg, Jan 20, 2021
  2. NNabegh Win User

windows 10 thinks im offline

windows 10 thinks im offline im connected using a internet cable and when im using any app that is not from windows or windows store it works fine

but any windows/windows store app thinks im offline when i go into network settings it says im not connected even though playing online games from steam and web browsing works fine and in the task bar it shows me this:
    Windows thinks laptop is offline when Im connected and using the Internet f460fe32-2b84-4b27-ac4c-5f7ecef01790.png

the usb icon appeard when this problem started please help

sorry for my bad english

NNabegh, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 thinks im offline

Windows store thinks im offline,even tho im able to use google chrome and play steam games. Ive tried trouble shooting and looking up how to fix it but nothing works. im hooked up using a ethernet cable to my router, but nothing works.

onehappysquirtle, Jan 20, 2021
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

Windows thinks laptop is offline when Im connected and using the Internet

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

I thought of that the other day... enter the same detail into the laptop... but no luck mate...

this laptop was connected to the internet via the wireless router... but the router died on me.. now im using the cable...

akhlaq768, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows thinks laptop is offline when Im connected and using the Internet

1. Windows thinks laptop is offline when Im connected and using the Internet - Similar Threads - thinks laptop offline

2. Apps can't connect to the internet when im clearly connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps can't connect to the internet when im clearly connected: I use the LAN on my computer but for some time now apps cannot connect even though browsers and anything else can.When I apps I mean things like Nvidia GeForce Experience, Steam and Wemod.I have tried everything I could find including this thread...
  3. Apps can't connect to the internet when im clearly connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps can't connect to the internet when im clearly connected: I use the LAN on my computer but for some time now apps cannot connect even though browsers and anything else can.When I apps I mean things like Nvidia GeForce Experience, Steam and Wemod.I have tried everything I could find including this thread...
  4. Windows is Connected to Ethernet, and Uses Internet, but Windows also Thinks this: Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is Connected to Ethernet, and Uses Internet, but Windows also Thinks this: Not...: In short, I am connected via a cable to my router and I have Internet. I am typing this on that very machine whilst a YouTube video is playing in another tab levels of connected to the Internet. However, as far as Windows is concerned, in all its dialogues, including the...
  5. Windows is Connected to Ethernet, and Uses Internet, but Windows also Thinks this: Not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is Connected to Ethernet, and Uses Internet, but Windows also Thinks this: Not...: In short, I am connected via a cable to my router and I have Internet. I am typing this on that very machine whilst a YouTube video is playing in another tab levels of connected to the Internet. However, as far as Windows is concerned, in all its dialogues, including the...
  6. Here's how to use edge offline even when connected to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Here's how to use edge offline even when connected to internet: Offline mode extension https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/offline-mode/jkknoeebhbbjmlpkfahgnddafgannpjg All credit to developer. submitted by /u/Tight-Basket-6554 [link] [comments]...
  7. Apps can't connect to the internet when im clearly connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps can't connect to the internet when im clearly connected: I use LAN but also got a wifi module on my PC, for some reason, if I launch an app or a game it says that it has no internet connection when I'm on LAN, but it's just fine when I browse through the internet. When connecting to LAN and wifi at the same time, it appears to...
  8. My computer/internet thinks im in Romania, but im in Canada

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer/internet thinks im in Romania, but im in Canada: When I look up anything on the internet it gives me romanian results, and if I try to make an account for a game, it automatically detects im in Romania and the support for those games wont do anything because apparently there is only login history from Romania. I have done...
  9. Windows 10 thinks im offline

Windows 10 thinks im offline: Windows store thinks im offline,even tho im able to use google chrome and play steam games. Ive tried trouble shooting and looking up how to fix it but nothing works. im hooked up using a ethernet cable to my router, but nothing works....
  10. windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection.

windows thinks i am not connected to the internet when i use a dial up connection.: I have connected to the internet using dial up connection through a modem.I can browse the internet in web browsers, can get my windows updates too. In the network options it shows 'connected' in the dial up tab but 'disconnected' in the status tab.When I try to sign up in...