Windows 10: Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone

Discus and support Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was plugging my microphone in a 3.5 mm microphone and headphone jack. But windows thinks its a headphone , now i cant use my microphone.Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesJonhson1, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone

I was plugging my microphone in a 3.5 mm microphone and headphone jack. But windows thinks its a headphone , now i cant use my microphone.Please help me. Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone dc08b2f9-849d-4497-a335-cc83f05988bc?upload=true.jpg

:)

JamesJonhson1, Nov 26, 2019
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Realtek HD Audio Manager thinks that headphones are a microphone

The headphones have no microphone attached to it. There is only one cord/plug.

I have popup enabled for when Realtek Audio Manager finds a device.

Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone 04d47569-12c5-4ec6-b508-81392142587d.jpg

The ports being greyed out mean that there is no device plugged in (that it can notice). If a port is black, like in the above screenshots, that means Realtek HD Audio Manager believes something's plugged in there. The problem is that the Audio Manager thinks
    the headphones are plugged into the microphone port, but they are actually in the headphone port.

If I go over to the microphone tab like you suggest, nothing changes.

IronicRobot, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone

Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone

1. Windows thinks my microphone is a headphone - Similar Threads - thinks microphone headphone

2. Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.: So I have a pair of headphones called Jabra 75. IM on boot camp mode on windows and it has a working mic but windows only puts audio through not headphones and does not let me use the microphone....
  3. Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.: So I have a pair of headphones called Jabra 75. IM on boot camp mode on windows and it has a working mic but windows only puts audio through not headphones and does not let me use the microphone....
  4. Windows Not Accepting the microphone on my headphones.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  6. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  7. Surface thinks my microphone is headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface thinks my microphone is headphones: Ok I recently got a clip on wired microphone and plugged it into my surface, but it didn't work. So I checked device manager, and it thinks it's headphones. What should I do? I don't think surface has Realtek Device Manager, but it has Realtek High Definition AudioSST...
  8. windows thinks that my headphones are speakers, and uses the laptop microphone instead of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows thinks that my headphones are speakers, and uses the laptop microphone instead of...: anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/DeathSquad2098 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf6bg0/windows_thinks_that_my_headphones_are_speakers/
  9. Laptop thinks my headphones are my speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop thinks my headphones are my speakers: Okay so i have a gaming headset that uses my usb port, i got it awhile ago but for some reason when i plugged it in a few days ago it made my laptop think that my default and only speakers. my laptop speakers dont work, neither do any headphones i plug in. i have restarted,...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wondows 10 thinks microphone is headphone

2. what to do if my computer thinks my headphones are a microphone

3. windows 10 thinks headset is headphones

4. windows thinks microphone is headphones,
  5. windows thinks my headphones are in jack