Windows 10: Windows thinks no PIN is set up even though it is?

Discus and support Windows thinks no PIN is set up even though it is? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After refreshing my windows install due to some windows update failures, windows remembered my PIN from my previous installation. However, for some... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by bpfuels, Mar 14, 2021.

1. bpfuels Win User

Windows thinks no PIN is set up even though it is?

After refreshing my windows install due to some windows update failures, windows remembered my PIN from my previous installation. However, for some reason in settings and windows security it thinks the PIN is disabled and won't let me change any settings relating to it. This could be potentially problematic if I can never change my PIN.

Here is a video demonstrating the problem when I try to change PIN settings:

https://youtu.be/614KWLrY6lE

:)

bpfuels, Mar 14, 2021

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows thinks no PIN is set up even though it is? - Similar Threads - thinks PIN set

2. Windows Hello pin is set up, but settings thinks it is not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello pin is set up, but settings thinks it is not.: I want to be able to sign into my pc without using windows hello. However, since I reset windows a few months back, I can still sign in with my PIN but I can't change it or remove the sign in option from settings.When I go into Account>Sign-in options>PIN and click set up, it...
  3. Windows Hello pin is set up, but settings thinks it is not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello pin is set up, but settings thinks it is not.: I want to be able to sign into my pc without using windows hello. However, since I reset windows a few months back, I can still sign in with my PIN but I can't change it or remove the sign in option from settings.When I go into Account>Sign-in options>PIN and click set up, it...
  4. Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up: Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up? I never set a pin and I want to set up a pin but when i click i forgot my pin it sends me through the same process that requires me to set a non-existent pin...
  5. Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up

Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up: Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up? I never set a pin and I want to set up a pin but when i click i forgot my pin it sends me through the same process that requires me to set a non-existent pin...
  6. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.: Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be because my main monitor is 3840 x 2160 while my secondary one is 1920x1080, its getting annoying as I can only move over a...
  7. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  8. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  9. Pin not working even though it’s correct

10. Windows thinks keys are being held even though they're not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows thinks keys are being held even though they're not: Once in a while, usually when I'm gaming, I will be pressing a key say, "w" and either: 1 My keyboard no longer realizes I'm holding the key, or 2 I stop pressing the key, but my keyboard thinks I'm still pressing it. This is annoying when playing games especially,...