Windows 10: Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this

Discus and support Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I talked with Canon thinking this was an issue with the printer or drivers, but they had us restart the WIA service and it resolved the issue. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shawn Harriman1, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this

I talked with Canon thinking this was an issue with the printer or drivers, but they had us restart the WIA service and it resolved the issue. Then went on to state I need to open a ticket with Microsoft to resolve this. I have a few things I'm considering looking into and trying like checking windows 10 version maybe the latest feature update doesn't have this problem. But the user affected has been dealing with this for over a month and had no issues with Windows Scan other then quality of the scan, but the DPI between or Canon MF Scan Utility and Windows scan are no different. I'm consider

:)

Shawn Harriman1, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this

1. Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this - Similar Threads - thinks printer feeder

2. Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this: I talked with Canon thinking this was an issue with the printer or drivers, but they had us restart the WIA service and it resolved the issue. Then went on to state I need to open a ticket with Microsoft to resolve this. I have a few things I'm considering looking into and...
  3. Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks printer feeder is empty restarting Windows Image Acquisition resolves this: I talked with Canon thinking this was an issue with the printer or drivers, but they had us restart the WIA service and it resolved the issue. Then went on to state I need to open a ticket with Microsoft to resolve this. I have a few things I'm considering looking into and...
  4. Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working: The problem starts with Epson Scan 2 software didn't open. When I searched for the solution, one of them was to restart Windows Image Acquisition WIA service. After that, the software worked properly.And then, for a long period, sometimes Epson Scan 2 doesn't want to open...
  5. Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Image Acquisition WIA sometimes not working: The problem starts with Epson Scan 2 software didn't open. When I searched for the solution, one of them was to restart Windows Image Acquisition WIA service. After that, the software worked properly.And then, for a long period, sometimes Epson Scan 2 doesn't want to open...
  6. Windows Image Acquisition service

Windows Image Acquisition service: This seems like a bug to me, but just be sure. Every time I turn off and turn on the printer/scanner I have to restart the Windows Image Acquisition service in order to have Windows access to it. Mind 'Restart' not 'Start' as it is automatically started, the service just...
  7. Windows Image Acquisition not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Image Acquisition not working: Windows Image Acquisition is always having trouble working. It keeps on stopping, and stopping, and filling my reliability monitor. Is there anyway I can fix this? Here is an image of it not working: [ATTACH] -WarriorYT...
  8. Windows Image Acquisition File will not start - error 1067

Windows Image Acquisition File will not start - error 1067: Today my scanner quit working on printer; problem identified as WIA file is corrupted - does anyone know how to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-image-acquisition-file-will-not-start/24996033-6396-4436-bfcd-6989bff7181b
  9. Windows Image Acquisition stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Image Acquisition stopped working: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX64 Application Name: svchost.exe_stisvc Application Version: 10.0.18362.1 Application Timestamp: 32d6c210 Fault Module Name: StackHash_ac46 Fault Module Version:...
  10. Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage: Hello, from some reason, a process called "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), which I've never seen before is running and using about 30% CPU. I read in MSDN that "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is the still image acquisition platform in the Windows family of operating...