Windows 10: windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

Discus and support windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sharpmax, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Sharpmax Win User

windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be because my main monitor is 3840 x 2160 while my secondary one is 1920x1080, its getting annoying as I can only move over a tab if I do it in the very center left of the screen, any fixes to this?

:)

Sharpmax, Jul 13, 2022

2. why can't I adjust the font size on my second monitor when using multiple monitors?

Hello Fernando,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to consider the following scenarios (from 1 - 3) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Scenario 1

What is the native resolution of the display monitor you are referring to?

Try setting the resolution of the monitor same as what is set under Windows settings and check if it helps.

Scenario 2

What is the DPI scale factor set in Windows (ideally should be set to 100%)?

You may decrease the DPI in this case. However, it will impact the visual performance of bot the monitors.

When a display has a higher DPI, pixels are smaller and closer together, so that the user interface (UI) and other displayed content appears smaller than intended. Follow the below steps to do so.

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Display icon.
    • Under Change size of items, click/tap on the set a custom scaling level link.
    • Drag the ruler left or right to the scaling percentage you want.

Note: Select the scaling percentage you want in the drop down menu.
    • Click on apply

Scenario 3

Did you install all the requisite drivers(up to date) for the display device?

If it still does not help, diagnose the issue by setting the second monitor as the
    main display.

Follow these suggestions.

• Right click on the empty space on your desktop, select
      Screen resolution.
    • On the Monitor tab, click the 2nd monitor and then select the box “This is my main monitor” check box.
    • Click Apply, click OK.
    If the issue still persists, please update the display adapter drivers and check.

Write to us with the updated status related to the display issue for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 13, 2022
  3. Moving window to smaller monitor increases window size

Hello,

I just bought a new small monitor (portable if that matters) and when I move a window from my larger monitor to the small monitor, the window at first seems to be smaller, but as drag it more into the monitor, it instantly expands. It's almost as if it tries to match the size of my words across monitors. Is there some setting I can choose what happens?

Thanks.

rasmasyean, Jul 13, 2022
  4. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

Moving window to smaller monitor increases window size

only if you keep both monitors to same resolution .

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

1. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size. - Similar Threads - thinks second monitor

2. Windows 11 - windows keep napping to the left and smaller even though...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - windows keep napping to the left and smaller even though...: Any idea of why they keep snapping to the left to about 1/8 the screen width, but full height? I accidently hit some key combo and now I can't get it to start.Thanks,V...
  3. Windows 11 - windows keep napping to the left and smaller even though...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - windows keep napping to the left and smaller even though...: Any idea of why they keep snapping to the left to about 1/8 the screen width, but full height? I accidently hit some key combo and now I can't get it to start.Thanks,V...
  4. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...: I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that...
  5. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...: I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that...
  6. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.: Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be because my main monitor is 3840 x 2160 while my secondary one is 1920x1080, its getting annoying as I can only move over a...
  8. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.: Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be because my main monitor is 3840 x 2160 while my secondary one is 1920x1080, its getting annoying as I can only move over a...
  9. Windows thinks same size monitors are different?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows thinks same size monitors are different?: So I just got a 1440p monitor to compliment the 4k monitor I got when I built my PC. They both are 27” but obviously are different resolutions. When I go to arrange my screens, the 1440p monitor shows as smaller than the 4k monitor, despite them being the same size. Any idea...
  10. Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same: I have a 3840x2160 and text size is set to the recommended 150%. Text size changes on its own to a smaller font - though it still says 150%. Can get it back to "normal" sometimes by toggling the size and doing a reboot. This happened occasionally but, the last couple of...