Windows 10: Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online.

Discus and support Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, Windows thinks there's no internet on my PC, yet I can browse and go online and do everything with the internet. The only thing I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryanhayw, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Ryanhayw Win User

Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online.

As the title says, Windows thinks there's no internet on my PC, yet I can browse and go online and do everything with the internet. The only thing I can't do is download anything from the Microsoft store - or anything else Microsoft. I can still browse the store, but if I try downloading anything, it gets stuck because it thinks there's no internet.This is an issue because it means I can't download apps and games from the store, cannot get any Windows updates, security fixes, and most recently I've just discovered I cannot install the Origin Games Launcher - for which I'm assuming is because W

:)

Ryanhayw, Jan 23, 2022

2. Cant delete the browsing history in the internet options.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to delete previous browsing history.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

Which browser are you using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Internet Explorer (Delete Browsing History)

Step 1:

I suggest you to press Shift Key + Ctrl Key + Delete Key together and check the box against History and delete.

Steps 2: Reset Internet Explorer.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2: Microsoft Edge (Delete Browsing History)

I would suggest you to refer the link below on Viewing or deleting browsing history in Microsoft Edge,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/...-browsing-history-in-microsoft-edge#v1h=tab01

Note: When you use InPrivate Tabs your browsing data (like cookies history or temporary files) isn’t saved on your pc after you are done. Microsoft Edge deletes temporary data from
    your pc after all your InPrivate Tabs are closed.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 23, 2022
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online. [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

1. Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online. - Similar Threads - thinks there's internet

2. Perfect internet connection - yet Windows 11 thinks it's not connected to the internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Perfect internet connection - yet Windows 11 thinks it's not connected to the internet...: Hello, I've had an issue with my internet connection the last few days I think since the 21st? Maybe earlier. It works normally, I can watch everything, even stream to Twitch without issues. BUT Microsoft Products Troubleshooting tools, Windows itself for example Network...
  3. Perfect internet connection - yet Windows 11 thinks it's not connected to the internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Perfect internet connection - yet Windows 11 thinks it's not connected to the internet...: Hello, I've had an issue with my internet connection the last few days I think since the 21st? Maybe earlier. It works normally, I can watch everything, even stream to Twitch without issues. BUT Microsoft Products Troubleshooting tools, Windows itself for example Network...
  4. Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online.: As the title says, Windows thinks there's no internet on my PC, yet I can browse and go online and do everything with the internet. The only thing I can't do is download anything from the Microsoft store - or anything else Microsoft. I can still browse the store, but if I try...
  5. Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows thinks there's no internet, yet I can browse and go online.: As the title says, Windows thinks there's no internet on my PC, yet I can browse and go online and do everything with the internet. The only thing I can't do is download anything from the Microsoft store - or anything else Microsoft. I can still browse the store, but if I try...
  6. I'm connected to the internet but I can only browse

I'm connected to the internet but I can only browse: When ever i open the windows app store it says " PC is not connected to the internet, try again." But the thing is, i am connected to the internet, i can browse, watch youtube play music, i was able to download seam. But i cant download discord because of " not being...
  7. No internet, Secured but can still browse the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet, Secured but can still browse the internet: Hi, Having an issue where i'm able to surf the internet but the WIFI box is showing 'no internet, secured'. It's causing me to be unable to update windows. i've tried multiple fixes all listed in the below link but nothing has worked. can anyone shed any light on what's...
  8. "No internet connection" yet I can access the internet??

"No internet connection" yet I can access the internet??: Hi For some weird reason over the past few days I've have an issue with my wifi. I connect to it I'm even using it to post this yet it says on the icon "no internet, secured". [ATTACH] I did no changes before it happened. Just connected to a new wifi. I can play online...
  9. I can browse the Internet but it says i'm not connected.

I can browse the Internet but it says i'm not connected.: I'm connected to the internet and I can browse on internet, play online games and install programs. However it says I'm not connected to the network this stops me from downloading new network updates or logging onto adobe to do work. Sometimes when the PC is shutdown and...
  10. I can browse the internet but can't download anything.

I can browse the internet but can't download anything.: I'm able to open up a browser and go to websites but when i try to download anything my internet disconnects. I cant even get my Xbox to connect to the network but my phone connects and works just fine....