Windows 'Threshold' and cadence: How fast is too fast?

Discus and support Windows 'Threshold' and cadence: How fast is too fast? in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; With Microsoft expected to make available a public technical preview of Windows Threshold around late September or early October, it's a good time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more at: Windows 'Threshold' and cadence: How fast is too fast? | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 26, 2014
  2. Coke Robot Win User

That's kind of bloody fast for me. Windows Phone 8.1 just barely got released and the PC side of things is already getting up to version 9. But as usual, Windows Phone 9 will have things that will end up making it to Windows in the next update.

I'm excited for RT and the merging of that with Windows Phone sans Desktop UI. A Surface 3 with N-Trig technology and full blooded WinRT moderness....yum. *Smile

The only way I see for making Windows version updating nice enough to the point where upgrade installs aren't so terrible is when the day WinRT rules over Win32. That's ALWAYS been the issue with Windows, the whole backend code that has traditionally been the crux of issues with Windows. WinRT doesn't allow for deep access to system resources and files, only if it's first party like IE. That means less issues cropping up from old programs that have compatibility get broken due to the new OS. Only issue would be drivers.

:)

Coke Robot, Aug 26, 2014
  3. DaniëlPlooij Win User
    Slow startup after Windows 10 Threshold 2 update

Here the same "Very slow boot" and slow "Login Windows" screen after Threshold 2 update.

I have a Alienware Area-51 R2 (2014) PC with Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Before this Threshold 2 update it was all super fast.

DaniëlPlooij, Aug 26, 2014
  4. AntanasSkucas Win User

Wacom driver and external monitor(LT1423p)

Thanks for reply

That
    link
    is not helping. I tried unistall drive and delete driver(usaly it reinstalls it self after 1s)... Show or hide tool not helping too(it's not working because driver reinstalls to fast).. Also I can't see wacom driver in "uninstall an update" list as
    it was before ‘Threshold 2’ update.

For now is only one sulution turn off all internet activity or disable windows update. It looks like wacom driver is included to ‘Threshold 2’.

AntanasSkucas, Aug 26, 2014
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    Let's see (ummmm), at this rate we will hit Windows 14 in the fall of 2016, not bad.

Trust_No1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 'Threshold' and cadence: How fast is too fast? - Similar Threads - 'Threshold' cadence fast

1. Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold?

in Windows 10 News
    Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold?: Hi all, Just a quick question here. I have my machine BitLocker enabled and there is this Group Policy setting in Windows 10 called Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold. I left this setting NOT CONGIFURED....
  2. windows 10 threshold download issue!!

in Windows 10 News
    windows 10 threshold download issue!!: i started the windows 10 threshold update....and i downloaded it with lots of resume pause(battery saver,turning off laptop)and made to 80% ...when i checked for the download again it started from 0 % ....i dont know why,but now all the latest update cumilative,security...
  3. Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices

in Windows 10 News
    Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices: I know that this came up before, at least with Acrobat (I run Acrobat 11 Pro). However, Win 10 also reverts other chosen default app choices to the MS app that handles the file type. JPG graphics are an example. My custom settings stick, even with Acrobat, until I reboot or...
  4. Can't access Asus P5LD2 BIOS after Windows 10 update Threshold 2 10586

in Windows 10 News
    Can't access Asus P5LD2 BIOS after Windows 10 update Threshold 2 10586: Hi Folks. Last summer I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 Threshold 1 10240 on this old Asus P5LD2 motherboard based system I use for testing from time to time. I just updated it to Threshold 2 10586, and now I find I can't access BIOS boot settings anymore via the F2 key....
  5. Windows 10 Threshold was Windows 9 internally at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold was Windows 9 internally at Microsoft: Interesting: Windows 10 Threshold was Windows 9 internally at Microsoft When Microsoft jumped directly to Windows 10 from Windows 8 PC / Windows Phone 8.1, it was quite a surprise, given the logical and expected order could have been Windows 9 after Windows 8. But our...
  6. Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options

in Windows 10 News
    Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options: Hey Brink, how can I ask you something private? Im new in this Forum, I cant send you a private message. 108569
  7. Change Split Threshold for svchost.exe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Change Split Threshold for svchost.exe in Windows 10: Thanks Shawn, I have been using this but the value I used was close to yours but not spot on.*Thumbs 94628
Windows 'Threshold' and cadence: How fast is too fast? solved