Windows 10: Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

Discus and support Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently have 1 GB fiber internet for both download and upload speeds. I have a dual boot partition on my desktop PC that is currently running both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shockmaster-3000, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

I currently have 1 GB fiber internet for both download and upload speeds. I have a dual boot partition on my desktop PC that is currently running both Windows 10 Version 21h1 OS Build 19043.1237 on one partition and Ubuntu Linux 18.04 on the other. Currently, my desktop PC has three network interfaces, two wireless adapters that have a link capacity of 1300/1053 Mbps and 866/866 Mbps and my Ethernet interface is 1 Gbp. For whatever reason, on my windows partition, my network capacity is throttled. I checked my network bandwidth with speedtest. It is barely a fraction of the bandwidth of othe

:)

Shockmaster-3000, Oct 7, 2021

2. Hosted network limited my bandwidth.

Hi Mai,

We still can't identify the possible cause of this network bandwidth issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home edition?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Sarantula Win User
    I can see a network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s

I have a new modem which have 2 wi-fi network

• one with network with Bandwidth 130 Mbit/sWhy and
    • othe network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s
    My laptop (samsung NP270E5E) just see the slowly and I can not see a wi-fi network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s

Sarantula, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

backgroundtrasferhost.exe using high network bandwidth

Hi Govind,

Could you also let us know if you are using a wireless or a wired connection? If you are using a wireless connection, please connect using a wired and check if the same issue occurs. Also you may want to run a complete scan using the inbuilt Windows Defender
    to eliminate any suspicion of infection.

This service also transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth. Applications which depend on BITS such as Windows update and MSN Explorer automatically downloads programs and other information while the connection
    is idle.

As a troubleshooting step you may also try the steps listed below and check, but please do remember that disabling this service will lead not being able to install Windows update. Therefore I would suggest you to try this step,
    check and then restart the service again. This is to let us know if indeed this service may be causing the issue.

You can disable this service by opening TASK MANAGER > SERVICES > OPEN SERVICES (Bottom Left corner) > Find the service from the list - BITS / BACKGROUND INTELLIGENT TRANSFER SERVICE > Right click, STOP > Right click, PROPERTIES
    > START UP TYPE - Set DISABLED. (credit Vishwa Weerasooriya).

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

1. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth - Similar Threads - throttling Network Bandwidth

2. Is bandwidth being throttled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  3. Is bandwidth being throttled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  4. Windows Network Throttling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Network Throttling: So, I have a weird issue and I have exhausted everything I can find/do to resolve this issue. It appears that something in Windows is throttling network speeds at one of my client sites. Client has gig fiber. Below are things I have tried:Disabled Windows Auto-TuningDisabled...
  5. Bandwidth Throttling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bandwidth Throttling: My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN network, and I use Google DNS servers. I don't know if that's relevant. My ISP is Earthlink, but when I run speed tests, my...
  6. Bandwidth Throttling

Bandwidth Throttling: My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN network, and I use Google DNS servers. I don't know if that's relevant. My ISP is Earthlink, but when I run speed tests, my...
  7. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth: I currently have 1 GB fiber internet for both download and upload speeds. I have a dual boot partition on my desktop PC that is currently running both Windows 10 Version 21h1 OS Build 19043.1237 on one partition and Ubuntu Linux 18.04 on the other. Currently, my desktop PC...
  8. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth: I currently have 1 GB fiber internet for both download and upload speeds. I have a dual boot partition on my desktop PC that is currently running both Windows 10 Version 21h1 OS Build 19043.1237 on one partition and Ubuntu Linux 18.04 on the other. Currently, my desktop PC...
  9. any free bandwidth-throttling software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any free bandwidth-throttling software?: I'm about to start downloading the new flight simulator. I'm just looking for something simple to use to keep my PC from hogging all the bandwidth while my family watches hulu but all I can find are paid programs with free trials which I'm not really interested in submitted...
  10. Windows update bandwidth throttle not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update bandwidth throttle not working: "Windows update > Advanced options > Delivery optimisation > Advanced options" supposedly allows the bandwidth to be limited for Windows update downloads. I have mine set to 50% as I only have 2mb bandwidth, which is slow at the best of times. Windows chooses to ignore this...