Windows 10: Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop

Discus and support Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I make the tiles screen be the desktop screen when I power up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R T Winright, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop

How can I make the tiles screen be the desktop screen when I power up?

:)

R T Winright, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Mar 11, 2020
  3. tile default screen

Hi,

For us to assist you in bringing back the default view on your Start menu, kindly refer to the steps below to possibly resolve your concern:

Let's say, the Start menu is the default option on your device.

• To make the Start screen the default instead, click the Start button and then click the
      Settings command.
    • At the Settings window, click the setting for Personalization.
    • At the Personalization window, click the option for
      Start
    • In the right pane of the screen, you'll see a setting that says "Use Start full screen" that's currently turned off. Turn that setting on so the button turns blue and the setting says "On".
    • Now click the Start button, and you should see the full Start screen.

Let's say the Start screen is the default option on your Windows device and you want to change that to the Start menu. Just do the opposite.

• Click the Start button and then click the Settings command.
    • At the Settings window, click the setting for Personalization.
    • At the Personalization window, click the option for
      Start
    • In the right pane of the screen, the setting for "Use Start full screen" will be turned on. Just turn it off.
    • Now click the Start button, and you should see the Start menu.

Your switch to the Start menu or Start screen as the default will stay permanent unless you change it back.

Hope this helps and if you have any otehr questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Mar 11, 2020
  4. mikeleeYM Win User

Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop

Windows Anniversary defaults to desktop

When powering on my laptop Windows Anniversary defaults to desktop, how do I change settings so on re-boot it defaults to Apps/Tiles? I find it clicking the Windows key just adds an extra steps. Under settings, I have tried Use Start full screen on and off
    with no difference after re-booting.

Thank you in advance for your help.

mikeleeYM, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop

1. Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop - Similar Threads - Tile Screen Default

2. Desktop tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop tiles: I uninstalled my mail tile by mistake. I tried to go to ms store bt I keep receiving "Try that again Page could not be loaded"This happened prior to 20H2 update. I was under the impression all would restore after update. But it did not. Suggestions?...
  3. Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen.: A picture is worth a thousand words: In this image, I have selected the action from Task Bar right-button menu to "Show windows stacked". As you can see, there is empy space allocated for windows that aren't displayed. The reason for this is that such windows are placed in a...
  4. Tiles on desktop

Tiles on desktop: Most of the tiles changed to only show the icon and title. They are not framed and colored like before, Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-on-desktop/f298e17e-c8f4-4eed-98ff-09a56e90712c
  5. Default live tile size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default live tile size?: Hey everyone, I have not been able to find anything yet so I figured I would throw this out here while I continue looking. I would like to set a default live tile size when I pin to start. Right now I pin to start and then I right click and resize it to small. Does anyone...
  6. desktop tiles and apps

desktop tiles and apps: How do you move tiles and apps back to the left corner from the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-tiles-and-apps/f461f552-d8d3-48ba-bd07-0dab9594026c
  7. Desktop / Live tiles

Desktop / Live tiles: Hi, my point is whether there will ever be a possibility to place Live Tiles on the desktop so that they stay there permanently in the same way as normal desktop icons (displaying their interactive content - a bit like windows 7 gadgets did) coz to me it would make much more...
  8. Desktop Tile

Desktop Tile: Hello people, *Smile So, I'll be short here. I have Windows 10 installed but the Desktop Tile on Start Menu/Screen is not there, nor there are any options to pin it. Is there any possible way to pin it. Thank you for reading. 20469
  9. Default Start Menu/Tiles

Default Start Menu/Tiles: Just a question about the default start menu/tiles. Originally I didn't like the look of the tiles so I removed them however now I'm thinking I may actually like them. So is there a way I can get the default start menu/tiles back? 14358
  10. no desktop tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    no desktop tiles: I recently installed 10 on 2 laptops. Desktop tiles were missing in both. Instead of the expected win 10 start button, my start corner shops the familiar 8 icon. I have tried for days to find a solution online, with zero success. Any help will be appreciated 34578