Windows 10: Windows tiles in start menu move after program update

Discus and support Windows tiles in start menu move after program update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. If I instal a newer version of a program the tiles for the program in the start menu move right down to the bottom and leave a gap. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peteyt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. peteyt Win User

Windows tiles in start menu move after program update

Hi there.

If I instal a newer version of a program the tiles for the program in the start menu move right down to the bottom and leave a gap. I have all key programs organised in the start menu in categories so they are quick to get to. Is there anyway to avoid having to constantly move tiles later on?

Thanks

:)

peteyt, Mar 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 fall creaters update start menu

I've updated my PC to windows 10 fall creators update. After update start menu not working properly. When I tried to move a tile it gets stuck and close and can't move a tile anymore. How could I can fix this ?

RamithLaksara, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Start Menu Tiles Disappear when trying to move them

Since the major update to Windows 10, I have been unable to move tiles in the Start Menu.

The tiles appear as they should when selected and locate themselves in their own space. I then try to move that tile to a space that I would like and then it is gone.

How can I arrange tiles to my desired location in the Start Menu?

cyclone5501, Mar 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows tiles in start menu move after program update - Similar Threads - tiles start menu

2. START MENUE TILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  3. How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?

How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?: I would like to add web links and apps in an easy-to-find section of the start like I had on the windows 7 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-to-move-and-group-tiles-on-windows-10-start/0ba2f967-c223-4902-9ae8-ea3a33469ab4
  4. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  5. Start Menu Tiles not Updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Tiles not Updating.: Any solutions when the start menu tiles are not updating/changing. The tiles are live but they dont update. 15324
  6. How do I move tiles in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I move tiles in the start menu?: Drag and drop doesn't do anything, the tile just disappears an reappears when I release the mouse. 21577
  7. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437