Windows 10: Windows tiles in start menu move after program update

Discus and support Windows tiles in start menu move after program update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. If I instal a newer version of a program the tiles for the program in the start menu move right down to the bottom and leave a gap. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peteyt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. peteyt Win User

Windows tiles in start menu move after program update

Hi there.

If I instal a newer version of a program the tiles for the program in the start menu move right down to the bottom and leave a gap. I have all key programs organised in the start menu in categories so they are quick to get to. Is there anyway to avoid having to constantly move tiles later on?

Thanks

:)

peteyt, Mar 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 fall creaters update start menu

I've updated my PC to windows 10 fall creators update. After update start menu not working properly. When I tried to move a tile it gets stuck and close and can't move a tile anymore. How could I can fix this ?

RamithLaksara, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Start Menu Tiles Disappear when trying to move them

Since the major update to Windows 10, I have been unable to move tiles in the Start Menu.

The tiles appear as they should when selected and locate themselves in their own space. I then try to move that tile to a space that I would like and then it is gone.

How can I arrange tiles to my desired location in the Start Menu?

cyclone5501, Mar 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows tiles in start menu move after program update - Similar Threads - tiles start menu

2. Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own: Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end up overlapping. I wondered if I just somehow moved them by accident I'm pretty sure I didn't and other strange things happen...
  3. Cannot move random start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move random start menu tiles: I have certain start menu tiles, regardless of size, that can be displaced by other tiles, but if you try to move them anywhere on their own, they just snap back into their original position. This condition has existed for me I would say years now. As in the past, the only...
  4. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.: Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated my integrated graphics drivers and rebooted my computer but everytime i try to move or change tiles to another group the...
  5. Start menu newly-pinned tile not clickable after moving

Start menu newly-pinned tile not clickable after moving: Whenever I pin a program/app tile to Start menu, the tile becomes unclickable after moving it to the preferred section. For regular tiles already in place, like PuTTY below, they get highlighted with the border on mouse hover, which makes them clickable. [ATTACH]...
  6. Start menu tiles move after every cumulative update

Start menu tiles move after every cumulative update: The first row of tiles in the leftmost group of tiles on my Windows 10 start menu gets moved to the 4th row of the same group after every cumulative update, and their order gets changed. Any way to stop this short of typical advice to reinstall the operating system?...
  7. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  8. Start Menu Tiles not Updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Tiles not Updating.: Any solutions when the start menu tiles are not updating/changing. The tiles are live but they dont update. 15324
  9. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437