Windows 10: Windows time clock running slow, losing time.

Discus and support Windows time clock running slow, losing time. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just noticed the clock on my Windows 10 tablet is running noticeably slow. Over the last few days I've seen wrong times and done a manual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markweatherill, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Windows time clock running slow, losing time.

Hi,

I just noticed the clock on my Windows 10 tablet is running noticeably slow.
    Over the last few days I've seen wrong times and done a manual sync to the time server, which sets it right again.

Now, if I bring up the calendar display, it's clear that the seconds are counting up in something like 1.25 second intervals.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

:)

markweatherill, Aug 1, 2016
  2. ahablue Win User

windows clock losing time

thanks what drivers do I need to update?

ahablue, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    windows clock losing time

Hi,

We got it. It seemed that we will need to check a few considerable things regarding the issue. Let's start by checking if we have the right
    timezone. Consider doing these steps:

1. From the Start search tab, search and launch the Control
    Panel.

2. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Set the time and date.

3. On the Date and Time tab, verify the date and time. If they are not correct, click
    Change date and time, update the date and time, and then click OK.

4. Under Time zone, verify the time zone. If it is not correct, click
    Change time zone, select the correct one, and then click
    OK

5. Click OK again to save your settings and close the dialog box.

When all done, it will be very important to observe your PC time.

If the issue is persistent, please check the following:

1. Outdated device/system drivers.

2. Computer virus/malware infection.

3. Failing CMOS battery.

We'll be keeping an eye on your reply.

Marc Cai, Aug 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows time clock running slow, losing time.

philc43, Aug 1, 2016
  5. markweatherill, Aug 1, 2016
  6. Sounds like the Real Time Clock on the motherboard is off frequency. If it was only loosing time while off I'd say the CMOS battery was the culprit. But if its loosing time while powered up the RTC has failed. Was this tablet ever dropped?

alphanumeric, Aug 1, 2016
  7. For the record, this morning I found the tablet (I leave it in sleep mode) had run its battery down overnight, and shut down.
    I powered it up and the clock is now behaving normally.

markweatherill, Aug 3, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it's sorted *Smile

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows time clock running slow, losing time. - Similar Threads - clock running slow

2. Windows time running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows time running slow: Greetings,From time to time, every 2nd windows start or so I believe, windows clock are starting to slow gradually. If I restart, clocks are normal. If I send PC to sleep or restart once more, clocks are ok at the start, but starting to slow. So Ive checked a lot of websites...
  3. Windows time running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows time running slow: Greetings,From time to time, every 2nd windows start or so I believe, windows clock are starting to slow gradually. If I restart, clocks are normal. If I send PC to sleep or restart once more, clocks are ok at the start, but starting to slow. So Ive checked a lot of websites...
  4. Windows time running slow

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Clock Time

Clock Time: My clock shows the wrong time. It is not syncing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/316cdda5-83a8-467f-b931-cfff8c524123
  6. windows 10 the clock does not keep time coreectly .... it is always running slow?

windows 10 the clock does not keep time coreectly .... it is always running slow?: I've reset the time several times and can see that its running slow even after a few minutes its slower then it should be ????? I had it set to automatically synchronize but still no luck? Can some one shed some light on this? The time zone is set correctly as well?...
  7. clock time

clock time: My Asus windows 10 tablet will not keep time .I have to reset the time every time I boot up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-time/cd5b8dd3-0543-4c4c-99db-e4aad8f1027e
  8. slow computer running time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow computer running time: Hey, my computer is running very slow and I do not know why and I tried everything I need your help, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/slow-computer-running-time/5c4df18f-a211-4c9c-8bbf-8a6bf7ab056b
  9. time clock ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    time clock ..: the time on my pc is always wrong .. so I go to settings make sure zone is correct for uk . then change time settings set to correct time ok .. wen I click set to auto it goes to wrong time again .....
  10. Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios: I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow. Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings. Yes, it...