Windows 10: Windows Time Server has gone bananas after I replaced my SSD

Discus and support Windows Time Server has gone bananas after I replaced my SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This evening I cloned my SSD to a bigger one and then opened up my laptop to take out the old SSD and put in the new one. I also took the opportunity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Windows Time Server has gone bananas after I replaced my SSD

This evening I cloned my SSD to a bigger one and then opened up my laptop to take out the old SSD and put in the new one. I also took the opportunity to try to do a repair (the cable to the webcam had come loose), although I had to abandon the repair because the maintenance manual was telling me nonsense. Altogether this must have taken me two or three hours.

Then I started up the laptop and Windows started as normal, but the time was 6 hours (to the minute) behind what it should have been. The time settings tell me that the last successful synchronisation was at 21:00 (i.e. 3:00), which was approximately the time I powered up the computer after I had put it back together. But every time I have tried to sync since then, the sync has failed. I have tried restarting the Windows Time service. I have tried changing time zones, but the time only changed relative to the wrong time in my own time zone. I have tried using three different time servers. But nothing works. The computer is adamant that it is 6 hours in the past.

How can I get the time working properly again?

I am on Windows version 2004.

EDIT: I have just noticed that, while the time settings tell me that the last successful synchronisation was at 21:00 (to time.windows.com), the time control panel tells me that the last successful synchronisation was to pool.ntp.org. This would mean that it synced once to pool.ntp.org, but has failed every time subsequently. And it is still showing the time 6 hours ago. I have specified the time Zone as CEST, but what I am being shown is EDT.

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to have got it sorted out. First I manually set the time. Then I turned "set the time automatically" off and on again. And then I clicked on the sync button and it worked. So either manually setting the time or turning sync off and on again got sync working.

:)

ricecrispies, Oct 9, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 9, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Windows Time Server has gone bananas after I replaced my SSD

Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Time Server has gone bananas after I replaced my SSD

1. Windows Time Server has gone bananas after I replaced my SSD - Similar Threads - Server has gone

2. After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone: I am Agus, my laptop is Lenovo Legion 5. When i was playing valorant, i open the chrome and watch a youtuber doing a live, and then suddenly my laptop went bluescreen and restarted. After restart, my secondary SSD was gone with all the file inside of it. I already did what...
  3. After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone: I am Agus, my laptop is Lenovo Legion 5. When i was playing valorant, i open the chrome and watch a youtuber doing a live, and then suddenly my laptop went bluescreen and restarted. After restart, my secondary SSD was gone with all the file inside of it. I already did what...
  4. After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD: Hi all,Thanks in advance for your assistance.I originally built this PC back in 2018 and had Windows 10 installed. I then updated to Windows 11 as soon as it came out. I recently upgraded my SSD from a 256GB to a new 1TB SSD and had to do a clean install on Windows 11 through...
  6. I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD: Hi all,Thanks in advance for your assistance.I originally built this PC back in 2018 and had Windows 10 installed. I then updated to Windows 11 as soon as it came out. I recently upgraded my SSD from a 256GB to a new 1TB SSD and had to do a clean install on Windows 11 through...
  7. Reinstall after SSD replaced

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstall after SSD replaced: I've looked through the forum, but I'm not giving up yet. I refuse to admit I paid so much for a coaster. Dell Inspiron 7737 32GB ram 2TD SSD just turned off Windoes repair activated 1x then nothing SSD failed - I thought that clicking noise was the fan. I reseated the...
  8. Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?: Is the bug that was defragging SSD too often in May 2020 update gone now ? I need to clean install my system so I'm wondering if it's the time to upgrade too from 1909 to 2004. This particular bug concerns me. submitted by /u/demaniax_99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Replacing my SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing my SSD: Hello, Currently I am running Windows 10 with a digital licence on my PC. My SSD is only 60 GB an Windows is warming me about low storage capacity. So I bought a bigger SSD (240 GB) to re-install Windows 10. On the support website of microsoft I notice that this might...
  10. Microsoft bananas

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft bananas: Since first installation of Win10 on new Laptop with 8.1 Pre-installed, my computer has been infested with virus. I have had experts from Comodo and Microsoft to check and recheck, but the viruses reappears... At first I thought icrosoft had gone bananas in controlling my...