Windows 10: Windows Time Sync not working post update KB4023057

Discus and support Windows Time Sync not working post update KB4023057 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Configuration: I have a Windows 10 Pro 64 Host computer Hosting a Virtual Box VM of Windows 10 Pro 64. The Windows VM is where my POS database resides.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RM613, Feb 13, 2021.

1. RM613 Win User

Windows Time Sync not working post update KB4023057

Configuration: I have a Windows 10 Pro 64 Host computer Hosting a Virtual Box VM of Windows 10 Pro 64. The Windows VM is where my POS database resides. All copies of Windows are Activated and purchased from Microsoft.

Problem: Last night post Windows Updates the clock time on my VM Windows 10 will no longer sync to internet time, NIST, or Microsoft. The clock keeps losing time. Prior to the update the clocks on the Host and VM remained in sync without issue using internet time servers. Now the Host computer clock stays in sync with the internet time servers. and as stated the Clock on the VM loses time.

The Host Machine updated last night with the

Feature Update 20H2

Cumulative .Net KB4601050

Security Update for Adobe KB4580325

The Virtual Box Windows updated last night with

Cumulative .Net KB4601050

Security Update for Adobe KB4580325

And also KB4023057

The variable is the KB4023057 update. Before I remove it the information provided from MS has not been helpful, and not sure what might get corrupted if I do uninstall that update.

Question: Has anyone else experienced a similar issue post update? If you have how did you resolve it? If you have not what other suggestions or areas can I or should I check before removing the KB4023057 update?

Thanks!

:)

RM613, Feb 13, 2021
  2. phrab Win User

Why is KB4023057 is installed several times?

Thank you for this. I do have a rempl folder. If I understand correctly, Microsoft keeps modifying & reissuing this update. In the link you posted, most were having trouble installing the update. On my machine, it seems to say that it installed successfully...4 times.

However, if I go to Programs & Features, it's listed only once...today. I saw in post KB4023057 Update to Windows 10 for update reliability - January 15 that someone indicated that @Brink said to uninstall it, but I couldn't find that advice by him. Would you advise uninstalling it?

Still not sure why "hidden" updates are installed though.

phrab, Feb 13, 2021
  3. KB4023057 Error 0x80070643

I have Windows 10 (1803) and got this error above when trying to install the update "KB4023057".

None of the "Solutions" or "Suggestions" (uninstalling, stopping services, ISO-image, repair-tool, a.s.o.) helped.

So I tried to download and install it by myself. .. And successfully installed the update.

I took these Steps (maybe, you only need steps 4-6):

1: Download of Patch under the official microsoft update download page "Microsoft Update Catalog"

2: Unpack the downloaded package in a temporary folder.

3: Try to run the unpacked installer "windows10.0-kb4023057-x64.msi" as admin via CMD

-> Error "Cannot write to file "C:\Program Files\rempl\ <blablabla>"

4: Renamed the folder mentioned above to "C:\Program Files\rempl-OLD"

5: Run the setup again.

-> Success

6: Searched for new Updates with the regular Windows-update-function.

-> Success ... Update is no longer shown.

Maybe it is enough for you to only run steps 4-6.

HansMeister1, Feb 13, 2021
  4. KaikuK Win User

Time sync not working

Hello,

For some reason time sync is not functioning correctly on my new laptop. I feel like for some reason it has something to do with permissions. So far I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but nothing seems to function. Due to inability to sync the time some
    online games that require timestamp certificates in order to function.

This problem has been ongoing since I took the laptop out of the box, but I briefly managed to somehow fix it. Now the fix doesn't work anymore tho. I will explain this later in more detail.

I've gone through this list How to fix Windows Time service not running on Windows 10 which includes

1. Perform SFC and DISM scans
      • These came out clean, no issues
    2. Set the Windows Time Service to automatic
      • This was set on automatic and it says "running" but still the time wont sync"
    3. Make sure that the Local System account starts the Windows Time service
      • I have set this as the local system account and the process starts normally without error messages. I managed to get the sync to work for one day by changing the "Log on" option from local system account to another account. Now it doesn't work anymore for
        some reason.
    4. Register the W32Time file again
      • Did this, No effect
    5. Check the Windows Time Service in the Task Scheduler
      1. Checked this, everything seems to be normal except for the fact that ForceSynchronizeTIme has Unspecified Error (0x80004005) as the last run result. However SynchronizeTIme
    6. Use a different time server
      • When trying to switch servers it gives the error that sync failed because request timed out. Same result for every server.
    7. Force Windows to sync the time
      • Does not work, cmd gives the following message: The computer did not resync because no time data was available.
    8. Use sc triggerinfo command
      • Did not work
    9. Check your motherboard battery
      • Battery is fine, don't think this is the issue since the laptop is brand new

If anyone would have any insights or suggestions I would be happy to hear them!

KaikuK, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Time Sync not working post update KB4023057 - Similar Threads - Sync working post

2. Windows Update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update KB4023057: After installing this update, I can no longer access one of my computers. I have 3 PC's that are all running win 10 version 21H1. The two HP' PC's can not access the Dell. They can access each other and the Dell can access the two HP's.I keep getting "You do not have...
  3. Update KB4023057

Update KB4023057: This update happened but is not on the main list of updates. Has stopped my ability to roll back this update and also made my back up USB read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb4023057/b8957483-4925-497c-b94e-73b0c5a1bd1d
  4. Time sync not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time sync not working: Hello, For some reason time sync is not functioning correctly on my new laptop. I feel like for some reason it has something to do with permissions. So far I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but nothing seems to function. Due to inability to sync the time some online...
  5. Why is KB4023057 is installed several times?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is KB4023057 is installed several times?: This update has been installed on my Win 10, version 1803 machine several times. Actually, the first few times, I used wuShowHide.diagcab to hide it. Although, it was hidden, it supposedly installed anyhow. Eventually, I gave up & when WU said there were updates, I installed...
  6. Windows update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update KB4023057: This update was installed on my computer March 1st. I started getting the blue screen, so I performed a system restore that would not complete. This same thing happened on a previous windows update about a month ago. It took me a while to get it back to normal, but I had...
  7. Update KB4023057

Update KB4023057: This update keeps installing itself into my programs and features. When it is installed I get a system crash at least once a day with blue error screen. It will tell me to check the stopcode for Memory management. So long as I uninstall this from programs and features. I...
  8. kb4023057 Update Issue

kb4023057 Update Issue: Hi can anyone give some advice please as I am not a confident person with laptops. kb4023057 was installed this week and now I have a very unstable windows 10, this is to the point where I cannot even use the mouse pad or usb mouse. The whole system seems to freeze for...
  9. Update KB4023057 issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB4023057 issue: Hello, Got a notice that update KB4023057 waiting to be installed. Looked into installed updates list, it is listed as succesfully installed on 6 July 2018. Tried first to uninstall this update before installing the "waiting" update, it is not listed in the uninstall list....
  10. KB4023057 Update to Windows 10 for update reliability

in Windows 10 News
    KB4023057 Update to Windows 10 for update reliability: Update to Windows 10 Versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703 for update reliability: January 18, 2018 Applies to: Windows 10 Summary This update includes reliability improvements that affect the update components in Windows 10 Versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703. This...
Tags: