Windows 10: Windows Time Sync Offset

Discus and support Windows Time Sync Offset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This a probably a different manifestation of the problem I reported in another thread ("Windows 10 Clock Running Slow"). I thought my PC Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SteveCase, Nov 2, 2018.

1. SteveCase Win User

Windows Time Sync Offset

This a probably a different manifestation of the problem I reported in another thread ("Windows 10 Clock Running Slow"). I thought my PC Windows 10 clock was drifting behind, but during the last few days at least, that isn't the problem I'm experiencing. When I initiate a manual sync to an NTP server, (usually successful), the time is always about 1 second behind real time, and it stays like that. It doesn't matter how many times I repeat this, or which server I select, the resulting time offset is always the same. I also have a very slow Windows 10 laptop sharing the same internet connection which doesn't have this problem. Any ideas?

:)

SteveCase, Nov 2, 2018
  2. Dkay---01 Win User

Time incorrect when sync calender items

I see a lot of questions on the sync, no answers. In another thread it was suggested to first offset your phone with another GMT, sync, and then readjust the phone. After one or two syncs, you can be sure that all your appointments are offset incorrectly
    :smileyfrustrated:

Who will create the solution?

Dkay---01, Nov 2, 2018
  3. exodusprime1337 Win User
    windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 2, 2018
  4. Lizette Ags Win User

Windows Time Sync Offset

Shows the wrong time

Hi Jonas,

If you live in a region that does not observe daylight saving time (DST), but the Windows setting for that time zone
    does adjust for daylight saving time, we recommend that you do not clear the
    Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time check box in the
    Time Zone Settings dialog box. Instead, we suggest that you select a time zone that does not observe daylight saving time and that has the same Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) offset as the current time zone.

For example, assume that your current time zone is (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada). There are two time zones that do not observe daylight saving time and that have the same UTC offset (-06:00):

• (UTC-06:00) Central America
    • (UTC-06:00) Saskatchewan

To change your time zone setting, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Change the time zone.
    • In the Time Zone area of the Date and Time
      dialog box, click Change time zone.
    • In the Time zone list, select a time zone that does not observe daylight saving time and has the same UTC offset as your current time zone.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows Time Sync Offset

1. Windows Time Sync Offset - Similar Threads - Sync Offset

2. Unable to Uninstall ASUS Aura Sync Utility.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Uninstall ASUS Aura Sync Utility.: I tried to install a new version of ASUS AURA SYNC and whenever I tried to download it, it just stopped, then I found it in programs under control panel. And I can't delete it to install a different version. It just gives me the message above. Error while trying to...
  3. Profile picture not syncing when adding 2nd user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Profile picture not syncing when adding 2nd user account: Whenever I add a second user to the computer the account profile picture does not sync. I have tried this on two different computers and all I get is the blank default picture. The main account is fine. I have ensured syncing is turned on and have even deleted the account to...
  4. SYNC PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNC PROBLEMS: I cant sync most of my pictures from my Apple Iphone 6 on to my computer, can you provide a simple explanation how to do it to my email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Thank You...
  5. Profile picture not syncing when adding 2nd user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Profile picture not syncing when adding 2nd user account: Whenever I add a second user to the computer the account profile picture does not sync. I have tried this on two different computers and all I get is the blank default picture. The main account is fine. I have ensured syncing is turned on and have even deleted the account to...
  6. People App does not sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App does not sync: whenever I open the People App, I get all the people but also get a message at the top of the screen that says, "Sync failed on one account." I then click on that message and choose Fix account. I get a message that says, "your account was updated successfully." Yet, when I...
  7. Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account: Hi, I have a situation where I log on to my Laptop using the local account for the laptop but once logged in the account is linked to my child's Microsoft account. If I go to settings the info has the local username and under it my childs Microsoft account. Surely there is...
  8. What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

in Cortana
    What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?: I've been using the Android Cortana app to sync notification to Windows 10 and until a couple of days ago it was working (most of the time). Then the Android app got an update to 3.0.0 and now all the notification sync options are completely gone from the app (I can't find...
  9. Can't remove Sync Partnership (Cant remove offline folder)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove Sync Partnership (Cant remove offline folder): This is the second time [ATTACH]this has happened after I re-installed Windows 10 to fix it the first time. I have other computer which has 2 shared folder. I have kept both the folder in sharing to access from network. I found option for keeping folder offline which allows...
  10. how do i fix a sync problem with One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i fix a sync problem with One Drive?: I have several folders with red X's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-a-sync-problem-with-one-drive/43b9237e-2ca4-47ac-b880-ee1a11c742fa"