Windows 10: Windows Timeline - Cannot grab file from another device

Discus and support Windows Timeline - Cannot grab file from another device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple devices either running Windows 10 home Windows 10 Pro, all with the latest updates. I'm using windows timeline with them all and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cosmic Ray, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Windows Timeline - Cannot grab file from another device

I have multiple devices either running Windows 10 home Windows 10 Pro, all with the latest updates.

I'm using windows timeline with them all and have the following options activated

1. Store my activity on this device

2. Send my activity to microsoft

3. Show activities with these accounts (The account is switched on)

4. Diagnostics Data set to full

If I save word documents or notepad documents or pictures etc on device 'A', I can see them in windows timeline history on device 'B', but I cannot grab them to continue work on them on device B. I can view Bing & Microsft Edge links on Device B that I used on Device A but nothing else.

Am I missing any more settings? For example does One Drive need to be activated or do any Cortana settings need to be activated in order for Windows Timeline to work across multiple devices?

Thanks

:)

Cosmic Ray, Mar 26, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Windows Timeline

So timeline was working up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Desktop running windows 10 pro on a domain -not signed into a Microsoft account. It will keep any local stuff and all web activities but anytime I open a file from a mapped drive it never shows in
    the timeline. Any suggestions?

WilliamRichard2, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows Timeline - Cannot grab file from another device

Timeline under PEOPLE shows nothing

It's possible that some system files for the People app needs to be re-registered. To do that, we suggest following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Command Prompt (Admin).

• Copy and paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *People*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage
      -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
      and press Enter.

• Once it's finished, close the Command Prompt and check if Timelines are available on the app.

Gice us an update on what happens after re-registering the People app.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Timeline - Cannot grab file from another device

1. Windows Timeline - Cannot grab file from another device - Similar Threads - Timeline Cannot grab

2. hotspot from another devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot from another devices: عندما اقوم بالتصال عن طريق الهاتف المحمول او اي هاتف اخر بالانترنت يعطيني انه تم الاتصال بالشبكة ولكن عندما اقوم بالبحث او فعل اي شيء يقوم باستخدام الانترنت لا يقوم بالأتصال في حين انه عندما اقوم بالأتصال الأنترنت المزلي لا تحدث اي مشاكل...
  3. hotspot from another devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot from another devices: عندما اقوم بالتصال عن طريق الهاتف المحمول او اي هاتف اخر بالانترنت يعطيني انه تم الاتصال بالشبكة ولكن عندما اقوم بالبحث او فعل اي شيء يقوم باستخدام الانترنت لا يقوم بالأتصال في حين انه عندما اقوم بالأتصال الأنترنت المزلي لا تحدث اي مشاكل...
  4. hotspot from another devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Moving Files from one device to another.

Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  6. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  7. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is winding down another Windows 10 feature, the Timeline: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-protonsandneutrons- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqxprp/microsoft_is_winding_down_another_windows_10/
  9. Cannot copy all the files from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot copy all the files from one folder to another: Hello I'm in the process of converting quite a few files from WMA to MP3 via MediaHuman Audio Converter which allows me to do it in bulk rather than one at a time. The MP3 files are created in a folder on my hard drive and I'm trying to move them to a Sansa music clip...
  10. Opening files from the Windows Timeline

Opening files from the Windows Timeline: Hello, How do I change the functionality of the Windows Timeline so that when I click on for example a Photoshop File it opens it in Photoshop? At the moment all files (excel, word, photoshop, etc) open up in the web browser which is Chrome in this case. Thanks for your...