Windows 10: Windows timeline on my laptop doesn't show closed web sessions. How to fix it?

Discus and support Windows timeline on my laptop doesn't show closed web sessions. How to fix it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use web browsing a lot and many time want to reopen the webpages visited recently through timeline. The timeline feature is awesome but now a days it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MayurVgl_hotmail, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Windows timeline on my laptop doesn't show closed web sessions. How to fix it?

I use web browsing a lot and many time want to reopen the webpages visited recently through timeline. The timeline feature is awesome but now a days it doesn't show the webpages visited recently. It just started before a month or two I think. Earlier it was working fine. Even webpages visited through Microsoft Edge are not listed in the timeline.
    However the web session which is currently running is shown in the timeline. The web sessions closed are not shown in the time line.

:)

MayurVgl_hotmail, Nov 15, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows timeline on my laptop doesn't show closed web sessions. How to fix it? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Nov 15, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows timeline on my laptop doesn't show closed web sessions. How to fix it?

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows timeline on my laptop doesn't show closed web sessions. How to fix it? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows timeline on my laptop doesn't show closed web sessions. How to fix it?

1. Windows timeline on my laptop doesn't show closed web sessions. How to fix it? - Similar Threads - timeline laptop doesn't

2. My laptop is on but doesn't show display

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My laptop is on but doesn't show display: Hello there,I purchased a laptop for my company Metalica Forging INC about a year ago. My laptop has now stopped working, and I assumed it was a Windows problem. When I press the power button, the fan begins to spin for a few seconds and the lights illuminate, but the display...
  3. How to automatically show Taskbar in Timeline Task view?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automatically show Taskbar in Timeline Task view?: 1. I prefer my Taskbar auto-hidden. 2. When I swipe from the left to open Timeline =Task view, I want the Taskbar to show automatically within Timeline, at the bottom. 3. I don't want to move the mouse or take a second step to show Taskbar, because I don't use a mouse....
  4. closing web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    closing web site: DELL OPTIPLEX Why does it take 3 min of constant clicking 3 min or more to finally close it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-web-site/2be7e596-49d2-4640-8c5f-e73f3bef8eee
  5. Task View timeline does not show web pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task View timeline does not show web pages: The Windows 10 Task View timeline is not showing web pages. It only shows file explorer windows that have been opened. It used to show previous web pages accessed going back several days. I have been unable to find any settings that would correct this....
  6. Windows Timeline missing web pages in recent tasks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Timeline missing web pages in recent tasks: In windows timeline, recent web sessions are not listed. Though currently running web sessions are listed. It was working very well at the start of introduction of this feature in stable updates. This problem started just before one or two months....
  7. Web Activities, the Chrome extension for Timeline created by Microsoft

in Browsers and Email
    Web Activities, the Chrome extension for Timeline created by Microsoft: Web Activities, chrome web store. There was already another extension, but it was not official, the fact that this extension is created directly by Microsoft to support Chrome in Timeline is quite important. 127452
  8. Unidentified sessions on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unidentified sessions on my laptop: I've recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and during a request for support, gave an agent permission to take over my screen to correct a problem. Since then I've felt as though someone else is on here at the same time as me. I checked Recent Activity on my...
  9. Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web: Microsoft is working on bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to the web. Windows 10 Timeline coming to the web means that users will be able to access the Timeline activities from Microsoft’s website. Microsoft introduced Timeline with Windows 10 April 2018 Update or Windows...
  10. Timeline doesn't work on windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline doesn't work on windows 10 1803: After updating windows, I tried new timeline feature. It worked for about 2 days. This is a feature of the new Windows features. They work for a couple of days, and then they stop working. Just like Edge! Three computers here: Edge worked for a few days, and then it...