Windows 10: Windows Timeout desktop

Discus and support Windows Timeout desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 installed on my computer and before the screens would time and go black they're supposed to. But now for some reason they stay on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zacshannon1, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Windows Timeout desktop

I have windows 10 installed on my computer and before the screens would time and go black they're supposed to. But now for some reason they stay on and I have done the power stuff the settings to change the timer but they don't seem to work I do have rift s plugged in that's might stop it not sure but Id like my screens to turn off like before and they are not

:)

zacshannon1, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 13, 2021
  3. How to extend or eliminate the timeout at sign in on an Acer Windows

Hi Lori,

To address your concern, we suggest that you adjust your screen timeout setting. It helps you set the time on how long before the screen will be locked due to inactivity.

You can follow the steps below on how to set your screen timeout:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, then choose Personalize.

2. Click Lock screen found on the left pane.

3. Click Screen timeout settings at the bottom part of the page.

4. Choose your preferred screen timeout on the drop down list under Screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Windows Timeout desktop

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows Timeout desktop

1. Windows Timeout desktop - Similar Threads - Timeout desktop

2. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  3. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  4. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout: I recently started encountering the blue screen Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout whenever i play specific games. The games that gave me blue screen after a while i played it were Black Desert Online and SuperMarketSimulator.I also have a minidump here, can anybode help me...
  5. Remote Desktop - How to Increase Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - How to Increase Lock Timeout: I am on Windows 10 Enterprise. I use Remote Desktop Connection to remote into Windows 2012 and Window 2016 Servers and often move back and forth between my machine one or more remote servers. The timeout period, before the RDC forces me to re-enter my password seems very...
  6. Timeout to Desktop, how?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Timeout to Desktop, how?: hi guys, does anyone know how i can make my pc switch to the desktop instead of the lockscreen after for example 2 mins? submitted by /u/Shirua [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fztful/timeout_to_desktop_how/
  7. Remote Desktop Services - Timeout issue with no available logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Services - Timeout issue with no available logs: Hi, We have a RDS environment set up which up until last week was able to create collections successfully, both pooled and personal, now unfortunately each collection creation seems to fail after hanging on the installation part for a very long time. The machines get...
  8. Remote Desktop Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Timeout: Hello, I'm facing an issue with one of my Remote Desktop machines. I have 2 running in my environment in which I thought were identically configured. I have noticed that with one server if a user is idle for 10 minutes the session will lock and present and screen saver. (...
  9. Display, desktop, lock, and timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display, desktop, lock, and timeout: There are 3 different personalized screens I am finding. The standard desktop background, and the lock screen. I am having trouble finding a way to customize this 3rd screen which is a timeout screen that plays a slideshow about a minute after inactivity. I move the mouse or...
  10. Lock screen and timeout not needed for desktop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen and timeout not needed for desktop!: I notice that the tablet/phone lock screen is still appearing for Desktop/Laptop installs and wonder why. Previously when I enable turning off the lock screen in gpedit.msc it turns off the lock screen timeout too. But on the latest build I still get a much sooner...