Windows 10: Windows to go boot issues

Discus and support Windows to go boot issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have issues with a windows to go installation. The installation is windows 8.1 and it works perfectly on the computer where the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by creativex, Nov 28, 2015.

1. creativex Win User

Windows to go boot issues

Hi

I have issues with a windows to go installation. The installation is windows 8.1
    and it works perfectly on the computer where the installation was created. But
    I am not able to boot it on any other computer, regardless of OS. I have tried
    on many other computers with different OS but no luck. I tried to activate wintogo
    boot in Windows and alter bios settings.

The other computers just skips the connected wintogo certified disk and does not
    present a option to boot from it. On the working computer I can choose between
    win10 and win 8.1 - the win to go install - it is presented even if the wintogo is not
    connected at all.

For me this appears like a "boot configuration error" on the wintogo disk but I am not
    Sure. What can I do to make the wintogo boot on other computers?

Thank you kindly for the assistance

:)

creativex, Nov 28, 2015

2. How can I get rid of Windows 10 harassment? The update codes are not on my computer, nor is an option to "cancel"

Thank you. I checked out the reviews and lots of people agree it works. Am running the program now. I don't know why Microsoft is so irritating about this. If I want it, I'll tell them. Don't threaten to install it every week......

Go Away Microsoft Issues, Nov 28, 2015
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Stuck in Windows to Go boot option

Hi Pranav,

The reason why your PC is stuck on the boot option is that the Master Boot Record of your PC has been corrupted or damaged. For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you still able to log into your PC?
    • Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC like hardware changes or applications installed?
    • Which version of Windows are you using on your computer?
    • What's the build and version of your PC?

Here's a simple guide on how to check the build and version of your PC:

• Press on the Windows key + R.
    • Type winver.

If you're still able to log into your PC after taking a long time, we recommend that you run our Startup Repair. Here's a simple guide on how to do it:

• Press the Start button, and then click on the Settings
      app.
    • Select on Update & Security.
    • At the left side of the window, choose Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, click on Restart now.
    • When your PC has booted on Advanced Startup, tap on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Press on Startup Repair.
    • When prompted, select the OS you want to perform a startup repair on.
    • Select an administrator account to provide credentials for approval.
    • Type in the password of the selected administrator, and tap on Continue.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and attempt to automatically repair it.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Nov 28, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

What did you use to create the Win to Go drive?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 29, 2015
  5. creativex Win User
    • Navigate to \sources and copy the install.wim file to your desktop or other convenient location
    • Insert your USB or HDD and format the partition as NTFS with the default allocation
    • Download the free GImageX (http://www.softpedia...s/GImageX.shtml) and extract it
    • Run the x86 or x64 version depending on the version of Windows you are using
    • Navigate to the "Apply" tab
    • In the source section enter or browse for the location of the install.wim we copied earlier
    • In the destination section enter or browse for the location of the device you want to use for Windows to Go
    • Leave the checkboxes unchecked and hit apply
    • After imaging process is complete navigate to Disk Management (type in partition at search and you will find it)
    • Find the partition you are using for Windows to Go and right click it then -> "Mark partition as active" - this will allow us to boot from this partition, if its already active then don't worry about this step
    • Navigate to your Windows to Go disk and go to \Windows\System32
    • Open up CMD from this location (or change directory to the above folder) and enter bcdboot.exe X:\Windows /s X: /f ALL

It was kind of tricky, had to tried many times Windows to go boot issues :)

Cheers

creativex, Nov 29, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Because when the drive was created the boot files where placed on that Host system
    you need to create the BCD on the USB

(assuming a 1 partition USB drive)

bcdboot X:\Windows /s X: /f ALL

X = the window to go USB drive letter

7. KIM
    kim Win User
    It's easy to miss some steps when creating the windows to go drive manually. I suggest you using the freeware ISO2Disc or Rufus. Both of them support creating windows to go usb directly from Windows 8 ISO file.

8. creativex Win User

I got the following error when trying the bcdboot command

C:\windows\system32>bcdboot C:\windows /s C: /f ALL
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files.

creativex, Dec 2, 2015
  9. Kyhi Win User
    Is C:\ the drive letter assigned to the windows to go usb ??

Kyhi, Dec 2, 2015
  10. creativex Win User
    Yes! I tried this command from the WIN to go drive

creativex, Dec 2, 2015
  11. Kyhi Win User
Thema:

1. Windows to go boot issues - Similar Threads - boot issues

2. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  3. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  4. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  6. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  7. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  9. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  10. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wintogo fix issues