Windows 10: Windows To Go in Disk Management

Discus and support Windows To Go in Disk Management in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I managed to get a WTG device running 10 IP set up with WinToUSB, and I happened to notice that in disk management, both the boot disk (physical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by MrMii Win 10, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Windows To Go in Disk Management

I managed to get a WTG device running 10 IP set up with WinToUSB, and I happened to notice that in disk management, both the boot disk (physical partition of flash drive) and the virtual hard disk (C: in this case) are visible, and that you can detach the VHD... Now with it running the Windows I'm using, I don't think that would be smart to do... Would that break it or something? I'm not wanting to re-image this flash drive a third time xD

:)

MrMii Win 10, Dec 15, 2015

2. No Media in disk management and in CMD (disk part) for a usb

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is the USB detected under device manager?
    • Have you tried connecting the USB on another computer? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Are you getting any notifications or pop-up once you connect the USB on your computer?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Soft.engg Win User
    No Media in disk management and in CMD (disk part) for a usb

I didn't made any changes I was just doing my university work

Soft.engg, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Windows To Go in Disk Management

The flash drive contains the VHD file (boot device) and C: is the mounted VHD..
    Normal Outcome... although you could have pre-assigned a different drive letter to the VHD other then C:

Thema:

Windows To Go in Disk Management

1. Windows To Go in Disk Management - Similar Threads - Disk Management

2. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  3. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  4. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  5. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  6. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management: Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk management that not showing also.I'm hoping there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance....
  7. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management: Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk management that not showing also.I'm hoping there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance....
  8. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...: help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-256-gb-ssd-i-converted-the-disk-to/2a4ac20a-d6ef-43e3-a94e-62b4cc331627
  9. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...: help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-256-gb-ssd-i-converted-the-disk-to/2a4ac20a-d6ef-43e3-a94e-62b4cc331627
  10. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wintousb vhd local disk