Windows 10: Windows to Go on a Mobile phone !!!

Discus and support Windows to Go on a Mobile phone !!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there The SAMSUNG S5 seems to work at USB3 speed. Note a USB 3 cable needed --- if you only use the 2nd (right hand) connector a normal USB2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Feb 3, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows to Go on a Mobile phone !!!

Hi there

The SAMSUNG S5 seems to work at USB3 speed. Note a USB 3 cable needed --- if you only use the 2nd (right hand) connector a normal USB2 cable fits which is what I use in the charger.

My laptop recognizes the USB device from the BIOS so I'm going to see if I can get a Windows to Go system on the phones external micro sd card -- even with USB3 it might be a bit slow but I'm going to experiment. I'll try Linux too -- that should give quicker response time.

I like the idea of an "emergency" OS on a mobile phone storage card !!!.

Windows 10 recognises also the file system on the card as "Generic Hierarchial" whatever that is -- windows though reads and writes to it -- No Samsung or other phone software installed on the laptop either.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 3, 2015

2. mobile sgh-i200 networking problem

it always lose networking and have to restart again. it work for somewhile and happen samething again. i also change sim card but does not work. i had formatted and made resetting also .

mobile phone, Feb 3, 2015
  3. guitarstu Win User
    Mobile broadband on a PDA? (Through mobile phone network)

Thanks for the advice so far. However I live in the UK and can gain access through my wifi connections at Macdonalds, certain hotels and coffee shops, etc - as well as my home pc or wireless router. This is limited though. A recent tecnology released by
    t-mobile, vodafone, 3G, and others is the mobile broadband connection for laptops. This is a device which plugs into your USB port and provides you with broadband speeds of up to 2.8mbps. I was wondering if anyone knew if it is compatable with PDA's?

Thanks kindly.

OOPs I think replying to one would have been suffice. Didn't realise it would have duplicated my message!

guitarstu, Feb 3, 2015
  4. feherneoh Win User

You won't achive anithing like what you want unless you set your phone to Mass Storage mode. MTP (what it uses right now) only transfers filelists/files, and does not give access to the whole card. If in Mass Storage mode, you should see your SD card as a removable disk in This PC, not as one of the storage spaces on the phone. The problem is that even if you switch to MassStorage, your phone will most probably only mount the partition it uses to your PC, not the whole card, and for an UEFI Windows installation you will need at least 2 partitions, one FAT32, one NTFS

feherneoh, Feb 7, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    I have Windows 8.1 (VBox not windows to go though) on a SD card. Mostly the card lives in my camera but it works fine if I remove it and plug it into card reader. Quick enough for Office etc.

adamf, Feb 7, 2015
  6. feherneoh Win User
    I have Windows 8.1 (VBox not windows to go though) on a SD card. Mostly the card lives in my camera but it works fine if I remove it and plug it into card reader. Quick enough for Office etc. I have Win10TP Pro on a pendrive as WinToGo, but it's too slow (USB2, 20Mbps write, 30Mbps read)
    I mostly use my PSP as "emergency" UEFI boot media, with GParted live on it

feherneoh, Feb 7, 2015
  7. Um, what is the processor in that phone? I don't think Windows To Go will run on that hardware?

alphanumeric, Feb 11, 2015
  8. feherneoh Win User

Not run ON the phone, but BOOT FROM it, like the phone was a pendrive

feherneoh, Feb 14, 2015
  9. OK, I got you now. Reading your original post over again I see what your trying to do. Not sure why I didn't see it when I read it the first time. *Huh

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows to Go on a Mobile phone !!! - Similar Threads - Mobile phone

2. phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected: Phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected.How do you stop this happening.Thank you for all help given....
  3. phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected: Phone link keeps showing message connect your mobile when mobile already connected.How do you stop this happening.Thank you for all help given....
  4. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB: Hello,I need to connect my mobile phone with my laptop. Normally this works pretty well however right now I put USB cable with mobile and the result is that my mobile is charging but no data from my mobile phone aren't seen in my laptop. Could you please help me?...
  5. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB: Hello,I need to connect my mobile phone with my laptop. Normally this works pretty well however right now I put USB cable with mobile and the result is that my mobile is charging but no data from my mobile phone aren't seen in my laptop. Could you please help me?...
  6. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...: While playing games with my headset on, if someone texts me the notification sound comes from my phone and since I'm in a full screen app I do not see any notification about the text so I miss the texts. I would like to have the notification sound come from both the phone AND...
  8. Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...: While playing games with my headset on, if someone texts me the notification sound comes from my phone and since I'm in a full screen app I do not see any notification about the text so I miss the texts. I would like to have the notification sound come from both the phone AND...
  9. I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share...: I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share but it could not find my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-couldnt-connect-my-laptop-to-my-mobile-phone-i/6e551af6-eb1e-4a57-8193-14d5be2c4c65
  10. I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share...

I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share...: I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share but it could not find my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-couldnt-connect-my-laptop-to-my-mobile-phone-i/6e551af6-eb1e-4a57-8193-14d5be2c4c65