Windows 10: Windows to Linux Mint

Discus and support Windows to Linux Mint in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Due to issues with Windows 11 ...i may decide to install Linux Mint on one of my three desktop pc's ...i've tried Linux Mint before as a newbie and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by treblefree, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Windows to Linux Mint

Due to issues with Windows 11 ...i may decide to install Linux Mint on one of my three desktop pc's ...i've tried Linux Mint before as a newbie and was totally a new learning curve and this time i will study more on Linux Mint and keep this OS on one of my three pc's ( have not decided which one yet ) permanetly. Depending on how my learning Linux Mint goes i may decide to switch my other two pc's to Linux Mint aswell.

:)

treblefree, Jun 26, 2021

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help :

How to Dual Boot Linux Mint and Windows

https://itsfoss.com/guide-install-linux-mint-16...

How to install Linux Mint on your Windows PC

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-install-lin...

Be sure to check with Linux Mint Support and Forums.

Linux Mint - Support and Forums

Contact Us - Linux Mint

Linux Mint Forums

Linux Mint Forums - Index page

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Linux Mint Cinnamon to Windows 10

Mint is one of many variants of the free operating system called Linux. It is considered easy to use, but if you have invested in learning and using Windows for years, grasping it will be a bit overwhelming.

If your objective is to use your computer to get things done, you will need to have some basic knowledge of how Linux works in order to do that. Although Linux is much improved over the years, it still remains rough around the edges.

I suggest you load Windows 10 on the system since it more than meets the requirements and will be compatible with existing hardware and applications you own.

Step 1: buy Windows 10:

Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: Download and create a bootable copy of Windows 10, you will likely have to do this from a computer already running Windows:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 3: Boot from the install media you create then perform a new install:

How to: Perform a clean install of Windows

Step 4: Download and update drivers:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

Windows to Linux Mint

Accessing a Linux printer from Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, please clarify the following:

• Can you tell us the steps on how you tried to
      print from your Windows 10 computer to Linux Mint?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?

Regards.

Roan T, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows to Linux Mint

1. Windows to Linux Mint - Similar Threads - Linux Mint

2. Unable to access Windows after installed Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Windows after installed Linux Mint: HelloSo I installed Linux Mint on my laptop alongside Windows 11. Initially it was working well but I noticed that the Root drive for Linux was already full and I couldn't resize it. So I decide to unistall it and reinstall with bigher margins of space in all Linux...
  3. Unable to access Windows after installed Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access Windows after installed Linux Mint: HelloSo I installed Linux Mint on my laptop alongside Windows 11. Initially it was working well but I noticed that the Root drive for Linux was already full and I couldn't resize it. So I decide to unistall it and reinstall with bigher margins of space in all Linux...
  4. I just installed Linux Mint as dual boot and now Windows says the disk is dirty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just installed Linux Mint as dual boot and now Windows says the disk is dirty.: Chkdsk is SO annoying, but I don't find anything to solve this.If it helps, I still have Windows 7 since I cannot upgrade my PC.I installed the latest stable Linux Mint iso with the "Decent method", which was running the iso as a local drive partition and installing from...
  5. I just installed Linux Mint as dual boot and now Windows says the disk is dirty.

I just installed Linux Mint as dual boot and now Windows says the disk is dirty.: Chkdsk is SO annoying, but I don't find anything to solve this.If it helps, I still have Windows 7 since I cannot upgrade my PC.I installed the latest stable Linux Mint iso with the "Decent method", which was running the iso as a local drive partition and installing from...
  6. Is there any way that i can turn Linux Mint To Windows 10 Got ISO But i dont got USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way that i can turn Linux Mint To Windows 10 Got ISO But i dont got USB: Its explains. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-that-i-can-turn-linux-mint-to/31acac51-c87d-4089-a7b3-64c6bd9f2048
  7. Is there any way that i can turn Linux Mint To Windows 10 Got ISO But i dont got USB

Is there any way that i can turn Linux Mint To Windows 10 Got ISO But i dont got USB: Its explains. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-that-i-can-turn-linux-mint-to/31acac51-c87d-4089-a7b3-64c6bd9f2048
  8. Can't dual boot Windows 11 with Linux mint, gives this error 0x000014c when installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't dual boot Windows 11 with Linux mint, gives this error 0x000014c when installing Windows: I am using Linux mint but also want to dual boot Windows 11 with it, I have created a separate partition.The installation works on my other pc windows 10. The error says boot configuration file missing or contains error. I can give more details about my system if required....
  9. Can't dual boot Windows 11 with Linux mint, gives this error 0x000014c when installing Windows

Can't dual boot Windows 11 with Linux mint, gives this error 0x000014c when installing Windows: I am using Linux mint but also want to dual boot Windows 11 with it, I have created a separate partition.The installation works on my other pc windows 10. The error says boot configuration file missing or contains error. I can give more details about my system if required....
  10. usb ports don't work on windows 10, work fine on linux mint installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb ports don't work on windows 10, work fine on linux mint installation: Before today I could access the computer using chrome remote desktop. Today that didn't work. Since keyboard and mouse dont work on the W10 Dell, how can I troubleshoot this issue?Computer is a Dell XPS 8700, latest Windows 10. Since I can't access the computer, I don't have...