Windows 10: Windows to Pro to Windows 10 Home after reimage from USB Windows Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Windows to Pro to Windows 10 Home after reimage from USB Windows Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a few machines which needed a complete reset/deletion of everything, and by the time the Workstation boots back up it boots back up on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Super-Connection, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Windows to Pro to Windows 10 Home after reimage from USB Windows Media Creation Tool

I have a few machines which needed a complete reset/deletion of everything, and by the time the Workstation boots back up it boots back up on Windows Home (as opposed to Pro).

What's the best way to go about retrieving the Pro key that was on the workstation prior to reimaging the machine? I don't have the product key for this particular machine but I know for a fact that it was on PRO prior to reimaging?

submitted by /u/Super-Connection
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Super-Connection, Jan 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 7, 2021
  3. alucasa Win User
    windows 10 key

Just noticed something and have a question.

I wanted to create an updated USB boot drive with 10586 but the media creation tool seems to let me download only Windows 10, not pro. Is it bundled together or am I missing something?

alucasa, Jan 7, 2021
  4. FYFI13 Win User

Windows to Pro to Windows 10 Home after reimage from USB Windows Media Creation Tool

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

If downloading a 3,5 GB file isn’t a problem then try Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, it’ll download Windows 10 image and setup installation files on USB stick.

FYFI13, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows to Pro to Windows 10 Home after reimage from USB Windows Media Creation Tool

1. Windows to Pro to Windows 10 Home after reimage from USB Windows Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Pro Home reimage

2. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  3. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  4. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 bootable USB / Windows Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 bootable USB / Windows Media Creation Tool: Hi all,My laptop Windows may need factory re-set. I want to prepare for the worst scenario, as laptop has become unpredictable. I have taken back-ups of files, but I am not able to create a recovery drive.I get the message that "Some required files are missing. To...
  6. Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home

Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home: Hello, so i have a laptop years ago and i somehow installed kms from windows 10 home to pro, but after recent updates i wanted to downgrade to windows 10 home with my original license. So i research and tried to reset my laptop twice, and now its still pro. i have backup all...
  7. windows home media creation tool

windows home media creation tool: Hi, I downloaded windows media creation tool to install the home edition on my laptop which licensed for this version but it keep giving me the windows pro edition instead. where I can get the home edition of windows...
  8. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Media Creation Tool: We are an IT company that routinely performs scratch installs for Windows 10 Pro using the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. We now have several accounts that required Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and I do not believe this is an option in the standard Windows 10 Media...
  9. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool: It is possible I can upgrade my copy of Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool instead of installing it from the Microsoft Store? Which I did purchase from there. And if so, can I use my current product key that I use for Windows 10 Home to use for...
  10. Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool

Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool: so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N . 76930