Windows 10: Windows took admin rights from me

Discus and support Windows took admin rights from me in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Well basically every single thing i want to open as admin i cant, the uac box appears and asks for a password of "Administrator" account, which i dont... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by [habi], Jul 8, 2019.

1. [habi] Win User

Windows took admin rights from me

Well basically every single thing i want to open as admin i cant, the uac box appears and asks for a password of "Administrator" account, which i dont remember creating. Maybe thats the "hidden" administrator account but im not sure. If there's anyone who could help, i would be thankful.

:)

[habi], Jul 8, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Windows took admin rights from me

Windows 10 Admin rights?

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with windows 10, for some unexplained reason the photos app stopped working, the suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall this app, however the system reports that I do not have admin rights to perform this operation!

I wonder who does, I log into windows as an administrator and could do anything, this is a new problem since upgrading to windows 10 on my single user personal laptop.

I did find a community post showing the following instructions:

I request you to follow the below steps and disable in built admin account on the computer.

• Open Command Prompt in Admin mode.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:no

3.Close the elevated command prompt.

4.The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.

However all I get for my trouble is access denied error 5

So where do we go from here?

I am 66 already and cannot wait forever to sort this please help Windows took admin rights from me ;)

PeterSimpsonSimo, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows took admin rights from me

1. Windows took admin rights from me - Similar Threads - took admin rights

2. No Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  3. ROOTKIT took admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ROOTKIT took admin password: I got instructed to download a "fortnite downloader" by my sister, and it turns out it was adware, malware, viruses, and an unfortunate rootkit. I tried my best to uninstall everything, but the remaining ones that stayed are the "WINZIP 24.0, revelentknowledge, and...
  4. Admin rights deprive me myself?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin rights deprive me myself?: Hi, I have given admin rights to my account on my laptop. Now I want to withdraw them again, but I can only access the account. Is that possible? And if so, how? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/aadminrechte-mir-selber-entziehen
  5. I took away my own Admin rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I took away my own Admin rights: I was messing around and accidentally changed my account from from admin to standard? I no longer have admin access and I can't get them back because everything requires me to be admin? How do I get it back? submitted by /u/DrDonfoo [link] [comments]...
  6. No admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin rights: I am logged in under Admin however I am not able to run any programs under Admin. I cannot restore, I cannot open certain programs..... cant do hardly anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-admin-rights/8c6b4b42-70c1-4bcd-98d4-5ff9a26fa1ec
  7. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  8. Windows admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows admin rights: Hi guys Please help, I need to give an app admin permission every time any user opens it. Even if a user doesn't have administrator rights, when they open it, it should run using admin rights without asking for authentication. as I cannot give user admin rights....
  9. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"
  10. Windows admin rights.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows admin rights.: Hey everyone! Recently i had a problem that i couldnt delete some files and it said that i needed the adminstrator permission to change it. I solved that problem. But in the procces od solving that problem, another one came. Right now, everything that has admin...