Windows 10: Windows transfer between SSD's

Discus and support Windows transfer between SSD's in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello so I recently build a new pc because my old one wasn't doing the job no more, so I replaced basically everything except the tower and my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by szymon peszko, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Windows transfer between SSD's

Hello

so I recently build a new pc because my old one wasn't doing the job no more, so I replaced basically everything except the tower and my hard drives.

I have a 256GB Samsung SSD, an old 232GB HDD, and a laptop drive with 500GB. my OS (Windows 10) is installed to my SSD, the problem is that my 256 SSD and the 500 Laptop hard drive are failing, causing my new computer to lag, freeze, etc. I now just bought a 500GB SSD to compensate the two missing drives, but I don't know if theirs a way to transfer my OS to the new SSD. does it make a difference if the OS is installed on a failing SSD? if there is any solution to this problem that doesn't require me to spend more money on a windows key, the information would be much appreciated

P.S. I acquired windows 10 by upgrading from my windows 8.1

I still have my key however, when I tried to install windows 8.1

(on the 500GB SSD, only paired with the not failing drive, 232HDD)

it downloaded with no drivers what so ever, my wired internet

connection was not recognized, my sound wasn't working and

basically everything was disabled. so I now put back the failing 256GB SSD

and launched my windows 10 again. if their are any solutions, please. HELP!!!

:)

szymon peszko, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Windows transfer between SSD's :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 7, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Transfer System disk image to SSD

Here's my suggestion: Connect the SSD to the PC.

1. Download: Macrium Reflect Free and install then run.
      IMPORTANT: click on the 1st icon on the top left to create a Macrium Rescue disk (using USB or DVD)
    2. Open Disk Management and make sure the SSD is disk 1.
      From Admin Command, type:
      diskpart
      select disk 1
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. From Macrium, The disk with Windows currently running will have the partitions as shown in your screen shot above. Click on Clone this disk...
      A Windows popup, click on select a disk to clone to...
      Click on the SSD
    4. Select the 100MB "System Reserved", drag and drop to the destination (SSD)
    5. Select the 60GB "C Drive", drag and drop to the destination(SSD) next to the System Reserved
    6. Click Next->Finish
    7. Once done, shutdown, disconnect the HD and connect the SSD Only
    8. Boot up with the Macrium Rescue disk created in step 1.
    9. Once booted, click on "Fix Windows boot problems" and follow the instruction to complete.
    10. Remove the Rescue disk and reboot.

topgundcp, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Windows transfer between SSD's

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows transfer between SSD's

1. Windows transfer between SSD's - Similar Threads - transfer between SSD's

2. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  3. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  4. ssd to ssd windows transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ssd to ssd windows transfer: I have a prebuilt pc, and I want to buy a new ssd and have windows on that, my current ssd that has windows I do not want the other stuff on it or to copy it, I just want windows on my new ssd....
  5. Transfer Windows to SSD

Transfer Windows to SSD: Hello I have a new laptop with 2 disks : 1 HDD GPT disk 930.88 GB partition C ; 99MB EFI System partition ; 529MB Recovery partition and 1 SSD 119.23 GB. The SSD initially came as MBR disk, having a partition with HPfiles, 1 with some system files and 1 unallocated....
  6. Transferred Windows to new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferred Windows to new SSD: So I have 2 HDD and a new M.2 and I used one for years for Windows but I just got the M.2 and transferred windows 10 to it. All my hard drives are working but I cant figure out how to access any of my programs like Chrome and my old pictures. How do access them with out...
  7. Office transfer between computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office transfer between computers: I want to transfer Office 2013 from one laptop to another. The other laptop has Office 2007. Then I want to buy Office home and student 2019 for the second laptop. How is this done?...
  8. TRANSFER WINDOWS TO SSD

TRANSFER WINDOWS TO SSD: i am using a HP Laptop which was purchased 1month ago and has active warranty Details of the laptop is given below Model : HP 15S-DU0094TU SN# CND9244LC0 PRODUCT ID : 7NH61PA Microsoft Windows Product ID : 00327-35847-94668-AAOEM I want to add an extra internal...
  9. Transfering Apps Between PC's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering Apps Between PC's: Hello Microsoft people, recently I got a new laptop (Acer Nitro 5) I purchased Cuphead on my other laptop and I don't know how to transfer the app to this PC. I am signed into the Microsoft account I used on my other laptop and it says the app is not purchased on this laptop....
  10. SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops: Hello I have a laptop, with Windows10 installed on a 128GB SSD. I also had a 1TB HDD on the laptop which failed after a few years. I bought a SATA3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD, (512GB) as a replacement. I only store files, pictures, videos etc on it, no programes at all. I used the...