Windows 10: Windows transparency effects stop working after some display driver update. Help!

Discus and support Windows transparency effects stop working after some display driver update. Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all. submitted by /u/ZalsusBoi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZalsusBoi, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Windows transparency effects stop working after some display driver update. Help!

/u/ZalsusBoi, Mar 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 transparency effect stopped working

I have "Transparency effects" ON in Settings > Colors in Windows 10 Enterprise, 1709 on Dell Latitude 5580. The laptop is in a domain with domain GPOs applied.

I have switched on / off high contrast mode (pressed twice left Alt + left Shift + Print Screen)

After that transparency effect stopped working, even after updating graphics driver and restart. Only occasionally the start menu showed with blurred transparency effect but nothing else. It worked no problem before.

Read this discussion & tried SFC /scannow.

Any fix for this behavior?

Vojtěch Dohnal, Mar 7, 2021
  3. AnkitaDas Win User
    Transparency effect

After a recent update in Windows 10, I am seeing that every time I open my laptop the transparency effect of the task bar turns to a deep blue color. When i check in the settings it shows that the transparency effect is still on. Is this some kind of bug,
    please help.

AnkitaDas, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows transparency effects stop working after some display driver update. Help!

Windows transparency bug

Hi xplain21,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

Transparency effect is enabled by default on most of the machines. If there are any issues with the drivers or settings, this feature may not work as intended.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Update the display driver.

To check the driver, open the device manager and check if the display drivers are up to date. Here is the Microsoft article for
    Update drivers in Windows

and let us know if this worked for you.

Method 2: Enable transparency from registry.

Note: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles
    of each of the user accounts on the computer. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the
    registry before you modify it.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type regedit and hit enter.
    3. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize
    4. In the right pane, look for a DWORD value EnableTransparency. (If you do not have EnableTransparency value, create a DWORD value by right clicking on the empty area > Click on NEW > select DWORD(32-bit)
      value > type: EnableTransparency.)
    5. Double click on EnableTransparency > Type 0 in value data.
    6. Restart the computer for the changes to be reflected.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows transparency effects stop working after some display driver update. Help!

1. Windows transparency effects stop working after some display driver update. Help! - Similar Threads - transparency effects stop

2. Windows 10 blur, transparency and Reveal effect missing or stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 blur, transparency and Reveal effect missing or stopped working after an update: After updating the graphics card drivers I found out that all of the above mentioned effects stopped working. DISM says everything is okay, so does sfc /scannow. But still, none of the effects mentioned above work and I've been going crazy over trying to fix it...
  3. Transparency effects not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparency effects not working: I have turned on transparency effects but none of my apps like settings, file explorer, taskbar, photos are turning translucent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-effects-not-working/0cb3ff19-7939-4939-94fc-668d4a89340b
  4. Transparency effects not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparency effects not working: I have turned on transparency effects but none of my apps like settings, file explorer, taskbar, photos are turning translucent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-effects-not-working/0cb3ff19-7939-4939-94fc-668d4a89340b
  5. Transparency effects not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparency effects not working: I have turned on transparency effects but none of my apps like settings, file explorer, photos, taskbar are becoming translucent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-effects-not-working/1b0d0f0b-1d7a-44fb-8a16-69eb700db17a
  6. Transparency effects not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparency effects not working: I have turned on transparency effects but none of my apps like settings, file explorer, photos, taskbar are becoming translucent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-effects-not-working/1b0d0f0b-1d7a-44fb-8a16-69eb700db17a
  7. Help regarding Transparency effects not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help regarding Transparency effects not working: When I turn on transparency effects, it gets applied only on the Taskbar and nowhere else (start menu, apps, action bar) Accent color and everything else works fine. I am running the latest version and updated to 20H2. Drivers are updated as well Here are my specs Acer...
  8. Transparency effects not working.

Transparency effects not working.: I recently picked up the HP Envy 15 and am I liking it a lot so far. However, Windows 10 is for some reason missing transparency across the board everywhere except the Taskbar. The setting is turned on, the visual effects are turned on, and the registry keys are all correct...
  9. Transparency Effects not working

Transparency Effects not working: Screenshots here I can't seem to get transparency effects to work. It's happened since updating to the insider 20H2 build, which I know is an insider build but it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else over there. This happened a couple of months ago too, but the issue...
  10. Transparency Effects Not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency Effects Not working: I've found that my transparency effect is not working. The computer is Lenovo Thinkpad Extreme, purchased in Jan, 2019. Windows 10 Pro 1909, Build 18363.592 When it's off [ATTACH] When it's on [ATTACH] Obviously, the Task Bar is working. Does anyone meet the same...