Windows 10: Windows treating copy of Program Files like the original + I need permission from myself to...

Discus and support Windows treating copy of Program Files like the original + I need permission from myself to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to fix my other laptop via installing Windows 7 onto a usb but the install was corrupted, so I decided to just delete the files and try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GoldenFazGamer, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Windows treating copy of Program Files like the original + I need permission from myself to...

I was trying to fix my other laptop via installing Windows 7 onto a usb but the install was corrupted, so I decided to just delete the files and try another way to fix it. When I was deleting the files, I realized that permissions were being treated as if I was trying to delete the original program files, but I wasn't. It eventually said that I needed permission from 'TrustedInstaller', but since I was midway through the deletion process, I just waited until the end to see what I could delete. There was still 9 gb of files left, so I decided that I would give myself ownership and "full control" of the files; however, now it was saying that I needed permission from [my username] to delete the files. I am signed into the account and have administrator permissions so I have no idea what to do at this point. If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

[*PLEASE DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD, I NEED A SOLUTION AND DON'T WANT TO OPEN ANOTHER ONE.*]

Windows treating copy of Program Files like the original + I need permission from myself to... 62d3224e-dc19-4b00-8eb3-dd548ac9f3a2?upload=true.png

:)

GoldenFazGamer, Mar 9, 2019
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Mar 9, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows treating copy of Program Files like the original + I need permission from myself to...

"You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file"

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with copying files from expansion drive to the computer.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the issue specific with a file?
    • Did you tried copying the file to a different location?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Damaged files.
    I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 2: I cannot access, change, save, or delete files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows treating copy of Program Files like the original + I need permission from myself to...

1. Windows treating copy of Program Files like the original + I need permission from myself to... - Similar Threads - treating copy Program

2. Admin User, Adult, I need permission from Myself???!?!?!?!!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin User, Adult, I need permission from Myself???!?!?!?!!!: I am logged in as an AdministratorI try to install a software I need to use from CD...Windows pops up with the following:"Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: autorun.exe Ask by email Trace ID: 1XeeW14vaUWxSWUS.6.0...
  3. Admin User, Adult, I need permission from Myself???!?!?!?!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin User, Adult, I need permission from Myself???!?!?!?!!!: I am logged in as an AdministratorI try to install a software I need to use from CD...Windows pops up with the following:"Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: autorun.exe Ask by email Trace ID: 1XeeW14vaUWxSWUS.6.0...
  4. Admin User, Adult, I need permission from Myself???!?!?!?!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?: Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?i've looked up solutions on microsoft answers and they all tell me to go to virus and protection etc and toggle off controlled folder access. when i try to access this page however via the search bar it...
  6. Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?: Why do i need permission from myself to delete and access my OWN files?i've looked up solutions on microsoft answers and they all tell me to go to virus and protection etc and toggle off controlled folder access. when i try to access this page however via the search bar it...
  7. [HELP] I need permission from myself to delete Windows Apps.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [HELP] I need permission from myself to delete Windows Apps.: I had bought Forza horizon 4 on the Microsoft store app and had installed it under my E: drive. Every couple of months I wipe my computer partially, removing applications that did not come with Windows 10. This happens to include games, like Forza. Trying to reinstall Forza,...
  8. Why do I need permission from MYSELF to delete files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I need permission from MYSELF to delete files?: I'm trying to delete unimportant files and folders, like windows mail. I make myself owner of said file/folder, give full control access to myself, the "USERS" group, and administrators (since I am one). When I go to delete the folder, I provide administrator access, and it...
  9. Access is Denied, need permission from <myself> to make changes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Access is Denied, need permission from <myself> to make changes.: Hey there. I have been fighting this issue for four hours and so far it has ruined my morning. I am needing to work on some coding that's due and I'm now four hours behind, because, well, frankly... I can't open it. I turned on my computer this morning, which is a laptop I...
  10. Need permission from myself to delete a folder but I can't get it

in Windows 10 Support
    Need permission from myself to delete a folder but I can't get it: I am trying to delete a folder on an external hard disk that was created on another computer. First it tells me that I need administrator permissions to modify it, which I grant. Then it tells me that I need permission from dougal\robert to do so, dougal\robert being my own...