Windows 10: Windows Tries to Log into Wrong User

Discus and support Windows Tries to Log into Wrong User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to log into a user account that has the correct name but is not my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gator5000e, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Windows Tries to Log into Wrong User

I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to log into a user account that has the correct name but is not my account. My user account name is Mark. In the left lower corner it shows 3 possible users. Two uses are called Mark. the one with the logo is the correct one. The other is a Macrium account Macrium support set u p because I was having issues with the back up. I have no idea where the other user Mark (without a logo) came from. So as I said, when Windows starts, it tries to log into the account called Mark without the logo. I have to click on the account Mark with the logo, enter my password and then Windows starts normally. Here is a picture of my start up screen so you can see what it is doing.

Windows Tries to Log into Wrong User [​IMG]

I don't find this user user account without the logo in the Users settings. I wold like for Windows to open directly to the correct account but have no idea how to get that to happen.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Feb 7, 2019

2. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 user account immediately logs out

Hi Edward,

• Have you tried the steps provided above?
    • If you have tried the steps provided above, is issue still persisting?
    • What was the result of SFC scan? Did it find corruption or not?

Try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Windows Tries to Log into Wrong User

Windows 10 User Log-In Issue

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to delete all the user account apart from the one which you are able to log in with Admin rights. Install all pending Windows and driver updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience. Follow the steps below to create new user account and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Key + R".
    • Type “netplwiz”.
    • Click on Add and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Tries to Log into Wrong User

1. Windows Tries to Log into Wrong User - Similar Threads - Tries Log Wrong

2. Windows tries to login with wrong user non-existing account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows tries to login with wrong user non-existing account: Hello all,I'm facing a strange problem.I have only one local account "ViVa" and I think I should login only with this user, right?But when I start windows it wants to login with the user Vadym.Can anybody please advise how to get rid of the user "Vadym" login!Thanks in...
  3. Windows tries to login with wrong user non-existing account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows tries to login with wrong user non-existing account: Hello all,I'm facing a strange problem.I have only one local account "ViVa" and I think I should login only with this user, right?But when I start windows it wants to login with the user Vadym.Can anybody please advise how to get rid of the user "Vadym" login!Thanks in...
  4. Wrong log in email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong log in email: My son was trying to guess my email to sign into Microsoft on his gaming PC but the email was entered incorrectly. Now I can’t get into the PC because I don’t have access to this wrong email he put in. How do I change the log in email??...
  5. Wrong log in email

Wrong log in email: My son was trying to guess my email to sign into Microsoft on his gaming PC but the email was entered incorrectly. Now I can’t get into the PC because I don’t have access to this wrong email he put in. How do I change the log in email??...
  6. Wrong log in email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Logging in on the wrong user on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in on the wrong user on boot up: I logged in into my microsoft account on my brother's PC, but now whenever he boots up, it automatically logs in on my account and says that it's the pc's administrator, we aren't able to switch accounts and now he's stuck with my microsoft account on the administrator user,...
  8. Logging in on the wrong user on boot up

Logging in on the wrong user on boot up: I logged in into my microsoft account on my brother's PC, but now whenever he boots up, it automatically logs in on my account and says that it's the pc's administrator, we aren't able to switch accounts and now he's stuck with my microsoft account on the administrator user,...
  9. Logging in on the wrong user on boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. New Computer- Windows 10- Logged in wrong user, Can't remove that user from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer- Windows 10- Logged in wrong user, Can't remove that user from OneDrive: Hi! I set up a new computer, Windows 10, and signed in under Account 1. I later realized I needed to switch it to Account 2, which is now shown as the Administrator account on the settings for the computer. On OneDrive, Account 1 is still shown as the User and their files...