Windows 10: Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 10 version 2004 faced the issue where accessing Parity Storage Spaces was a problem. Microsoft suggested making the storage space as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 5, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 5, 2020
  2. gknorm Win User

Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Many thanks, muchomurka!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, following your suggested procedure it appears the Storage Spaces parity error persists.

Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

gknorm, Jul 5, 2020
  3. gknorm Win User

Hi: I'm a newbie here... using an OWC Thunderbay 6 DAS with Thunderbolt 3 for video/photo files using (Win 10 Home) Storage Spaces for the past 6 weeks without problems. Using Parity option in Storage Spaces to emulate RAID 5 protection.

Today, got Parity Error in Manage Storage Spaces, though all 6 drives show "OK". Both Hard Disk Sentinel and CrystaDiskInfo also show normal drives. No pertinent drive events in Event Viewer.

From reading other posts from folks with Storage Spaces issues, I'm inclined to "repair" this parity error if possible, and then consider migrating to DrivePool to avoid repetition or other future issues with SS. Can anyone walk me through how to do a parity repair?

If not doable, then can someone detail a step-by-step process for migrating my 24Tb currently on Storage Spaces to Drivepool? Many thanks!

gknorm, Jul 5, 2020
  4. gknorm Win User

Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10

After following your suggestion above, here is result:

Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10 [​IMG]

gknorm, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Troubleshooters for Parity Storage Spaces issue after updating to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Troubleshooters Parity Storage

2. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expanding storage spaces with parity.: The storage space was created like this.New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "Storage pool" -FriendlyName "Files" -NumberOfColumns 5 -Interleave 64KB -ResiliencySettingName Parity -UseMaximumSizeThen formatted with 128 KB as the Allocation Unit Size.I initially had 5*2TB...
  3. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expanding storage spaces with parity.: The storage space was created like this.New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "Storage pool" -FriendlyName "Files" -NumberOfColumns 5 -Interleave 64KB -ResiliencySettingName Parity -UseMaximumSizeThen formatted with 128 KB as the Allocation Unit Size.I initially had 5*2TB...
  4. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 20H2 and Parity storage spaces

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 and Parity storage spaces: I'm currently holding my desktop rig at Windows 10 1909 because I use Parity storage spaces. Has anyone here used Parity storage spaces on 20H2 and is able to confirm the 2004 bug has been fixed? I had to restore from backup when I first updated to 2004 and I don't want to...
  6. Storage Spaces Parity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Parity: Anyone here using Storage Spaces Parity mode? Looking for any information on your experiences with it if so. Thanks 168976
  7. This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 due to Parity Storage Spaces issues

in Windows 10 News
    This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 due to Parity Storage Spaces issues: [ATTACH]A Windows 10 Feature Upgrade has, like any other, has their own set of issues, and seems like version 2004 has a lot of issues […] This article This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 due to Parity Storage Spaces issues first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Storage Spaces Parity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces Parity: Hi all, I use Windows Storage Spaces with 6 1TB drives. Using a parity setup The issue I am seeing is that when I first start copying/moving files to or from the volumes, the speeds are what I would expect approx 250-500MB/s but within around 10 seconds, the speeds drop...
  9. Windows 10 update storage space issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update storage space issue: I am trying to update to the latest version of windows 10, however it saying i need to make space, i have no personal data or files on it and attached an external drive to help and it has gone from 10gb to 2gb that i need to free up, but there is nothing else i can delete,...
  10. Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Parity Repair?: Hi: I'm a newbie here... using an OWC Thunderbay 6 DAS with Thunderbolt 3 for video/photo files using (Win 10 Home) Storage Spaces for the past 6 weeks without problems. Using Parity option in Storage Spaces to emulate RAID 5 protection. Today, got Parity Error in Manage...